A Doctor in Stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Doctor in Stalingrad

Has anybody read this book? Any opinions?

allo
    very good i like it and they made a movie to in black and white 1958

http://german-war-movies.blogspot.co...-arzt-von.html

Comment

Yes, read the 2nd edition few years back...wrote a review but can't seem to find it.
      The book is good but 95% of it is on his time as a Soviet POW. He talks a lot on the types of sickness the prisoners went through and what he and the other Dr's did (or tried to do) to save the POW's lives. Talks of the Soviets lack of help, empathy, and even competency in the matters.

I found the book to be an interesting read.

Comment

It has been a long time since I have read this book, but isn't this also the one where after so many years in a POW camp he is taken to Moscow and operates on Comrade Stalin??

Comment

I have by now read the book. It clearly shows the intense unthinkable suffering of the wounded and sick. It is interesting to note that only 1,000 were printed-saw some on amazon for $50-$100 If you can find one by all means add it to your library along with IN DEADLY COMBAT this is a must read.
          Lesung bringt eine knowledge

Comment

Voices From Hitler's War-DVD

It is unclear to me if this DVD has been discussed yet, if not than here goes. This is a two disc set and contains six sections: BLITZKRIEG, THE LUFTWAFFE, WAFFEN SS, U-BOATS, RUSSIA AND Defending Berlin. At 300 minutes this is one of the best docs I have ever watched. About 90% of all interviews are from old grey haired men who fought in the war. The best documentary I have ever seen in this style. It was released by KULTUR in the us
            Eine blutige gute Show Contact Kultur- oder Amazon und Bestellung Stimmen aus Hitlers Armee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X