Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

I just finished reading the book ,Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand.I have read hundreds of books on World War Two over the years and this is one of my favorites.It tells the story of track star ,Louis Zamperini experiences as a Lieutenant ,in the Army Air Force .Louie was a bombardier on a B-24.This is a fantastic story that all of you should read.Any of you that have already read this book please let me know what you thought of it.

I received the book for Xmas but have yet to read it. One of the MD's at my hospital was ranting and raving over it. I have read his autobiography called "Devil at my Heels" published a few years ago and it was hard to put down. A very good read.

-Eric

Comment

Originally posted by peleliuexplorer View Post
      I received the book for Xmas but have yet to read it. One of the MD's at my hospital was ranting and raving over it. I have read his autobiography called "Devil at my Heels" published a few years ago and it was hard to put down. A very good read.

-Eric
      Unbroken is a fantastic book!!!You will not be able to put it down.

Comment

I to loved this book. I gave it to my wife to read. She's not one to read "War" books but enjoyed it also.
        Last edited by JaimeH; 02-04-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeH View Post
          I to loved this book. I gave it to my wife to read. She's not one to read "War" books but enjoyed it also.
          Jaimie;I think it is a fantastic book.The amount of pain,and suffering that Louie endured during the war was unbelievable!!

Comment

I just finished reading it and my wife has it now. A very readable book that I would highly recommend. Don't be surprised if it ends up being a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Nelson View Post
              I just finished reading it and my wife has it now. A very readable book that I would highly recommend. Don't be surprised if it ends up being a movie.
              Garry;"Unbroken"could be a fantastic movie.Who would you like to see play the part of Louie?

Comment

Yes, a very good book.

I recall watching him in the Olympic torch relay back in 1998 . . . always wanted to go to Hollywood and see if I could spot him. Back during the 98 Olympics, there was a wonderful 60-minutes tribute on TV - still possible to watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjN9cu-TDc

What a maginificent person . . .

It is rumored that Nicholas Cage will be the star in an upcoming film.

Comment

I don't know how I never heard of him. Putting this one at the top of my list---thanks for the tip.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Kirk, having recently seen the movie" The Fighter" , I think Christian Bale , who is an oscar favorite for his portrayal of Mickey Ward's brother, would be very believable Louie.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      I don't know how I never heard of him. Putting this one at the top of my list---thanks for the tip.
                      stonemint;You will not be able to put this book down.I read the whole book in three evenings.It is a fantastic story!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Nelson View Post
                        Kirk, having recently seen the movie" The Fighter" , I think Christian Bale , who is an oscar favorite for his portrayal of Mickey Ward's brother, would be very believable Louie.
                        Garry;My wife and I saw the movie "The Fighter "when it first came out.We both loved the film.Christian Bale was fantastic!!!!!!!!!I agree with you ,he could play the part of Louie real well.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                          Yes, a very good book.

I recall watching him in the Olympic torch relay back in 1998 . . . always wanted to go to Hollywood and see if I could spot him. Back during the 98 Olympics, there was a wonderful 60-minutes tribute on TV - still possible to watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjN9cu-TDc

What a maginificent person . . .

It is rumored that Nicholas Cage will be the star in an upcoming film.
                          N.C;I agree,he was a fantastic person!!!

Comment

I read that the movie rights to his autobiography was purchased early on and was slated to be a movie with Tony Curtis playing the lead before they shelved that project. Then it was looked at again in the 80s and Cage was going to play him, then they shelved it again.
                            The author also wrote Seabiscuit (which was very engrossing) while doing 1930s sports research for that book came accross Louis Zamperini's story and contacted him.

Comment

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
                              I read that the movie rights to his autobiography was purchased early on and was slated to be a movie with Tony Curtis playing the lead before they shelved that project. Then it was looked at again in the 80s and Cage was going to play him, then they shelved it again.
                              The author also wrote Seabiscuit (which was very engrossing) while doing 1930s sports research for that book came accross Louis Zamperini's story and contacted him.
                              Military;I hope they do make the movie,as it could be a great one if done right.I agree with you,Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand is a good book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X