Mark Yerger's Latest DK in Gold Book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilse View Post
    In my opinion German Cross in Gold Vol 5 is one of Marks best books to date. What really impressed me besides the vast amount of information he gathered and presented in a very readable format, are the bios on Gunther Anhalt, Helmut Dorner and Otto Gieseke, those guys are impossible to find factual information on, yet Mark managed it. This book is another 'must have' for anyone interested in the history of the Police Division.
    Thanks.

The families of both Anhalt and Dörner kindly replied my questions and contributed material for volume 5.

To the unfamiliar, 98% of the officers in the Polizei Division were members of the Waffen-SS and the Polizei. As such they held full rank in both groups.

Comment

Got my copy this week and as always I can only say it's a top notch book. Excellent biographies and the photos are fantastic.

Curt

Comment

Received my copy today,

German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 5 by Mark C. Yerger.

Loaded with a lot of new information on the Divisions as well as the German Cross holders, their predecessors - successors, and explanation of carears not available elsewhere.

First information I have seen on all the Division commanders and Ia.
        Also the combats which resulted in their awards, with mostly unpublished photos and documents.

A large addendum of photos and new information on the previous other volumes.

Again quality that is the standard for Bender and Yerger, with details of the Close Combat Clasp in Gold and Honor Clasp holders included.

Seems to be one of the few series of books actually being done beyond 1 volume, and I heard that "Wiking" and "Totenkopf" are next.

For the serious Militaria collector, historians and researchers these books are a must have, better to say essential for the new and corrected information.

315 pages, 114 photos, documents such as recommendations and awards documents, extra information is given by 363 footnotes.

Again a job well done by Bender and Yerger.

Comment

I received mine on Friday.

I am always, always, always amazed at this series from Mark. The text, ,the photos, the never-before seen stuff....

There is so much information packed into these volumes of his, you'd almost expect them to explode. These are a must for anyone interested in the SS, German Cross recipients or battle histories in general.

As valuable a these are, I am shocked that there are any still left....get them while you can.

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments

For those who ordered signed copies from "Volume Control" you should have, or will have shortly, your copies. I signed all those who ordered by the time I met with the owner last week.

Best
            Mark C. Yerger

Comment

I'd love to add a positive comment, but my copy, from another vendor, seems to have gone missing in the mail

I hope to finally have one in another week or so.

Comment

Just received mine signed copy today and as allways a master piece in a fine line of referece books.For those whom have not had a chance to get a copy its a must.Great Job Mark,Jay

Comment

Received my copy today. Well done Mark on another great publication! I love reading on each individuals history

Andre

Comment

My copy arrived on Wednesday, after 26(!) days in transit from the Denver area. Just to join the chorus, it's another fine effort, so I thank Mark for all his work on this series and on all his books.

The SS-Polizei Division/4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier Division was one of the best units in the German military of its era. It was only "2nd rate" in the sense that it wasn't as elite as the original LAH and SS-VT. But it was a very good division that achieved many successes, primarily in defensive actions, between early 1942 and early 1945. Anyone who reads Mark's latest, and wants to learn more about this division, is advised to acquire the two-volume divisional history, which is available in separate German and English editions (there's also a third, photographic, volume that is only in German).
                    Last edited by MarcRikmenspoel; 02-10-2011, 01:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
                      My copy arrived on Wednesday, after 26(!) days in transit from the Denver area. Just to join the chorus, it's another fine effort, so I thank Mark for all his work on this series and on all his books.

The SS-Polizei Division/4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier Division was one of the best units in the German military of its era. It was only "2nd rate" in the sense that it wasn't as elite as the original LAH and SS-VT. But it was a very good division that achieved many successes, primarily in defensive actions, between early 1942 and early 1945. Anyone who reads Mark's latest, and wants to learn more about this division, is advised to acquire the two-volume divisional history, which is available in separate German and English editions (there's also a third, photographic, volume that is only in German).
                      Thanks for the comment. Husemann's two volume history is operational while mine is complicated development of its elements, significant personalities, Kampfgruppen, and of course the German Cross in Gold holders. Additionally all the Ia and divisional commander biographies are more complete than (to my knowledge) anything else available on the unit.

Comment

The postman duly delivered my copy early this week and I can only echo the earlier positive comments posted on this thread.

Meticulously detailed and superbly presented, I too think this is the finest volume in the series to date. The amount of detail and individual research really has to be seen to be appreciated.

Also worthy of note, is the ongoing 'Addenda' to previous volumes in the series, an excellent book from start to finish.

Regards Richard.
                        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

As the author of this thread I think it has been excellent in terms of the response it has brought in.
                          So often we buy good books which are well researched, well written produced to a high standard and the authors and publishers seldom receive the feedback they deserve, thanks to all who have contributed on this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X