WW2 in HD Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 in HD Color

Anyone been watching this series on TV? It advertises that all footage is color and much not shown before.

Well it's a tad disappointing because much of the footage is black and white that's been post war "colorized" and IMO looks like crap.

Plus the fact that many of the sequences are in Black and White and NOT in color. WTF?

If this is the program that is currently airing on the Military Channel, yes I've been watching it. So far I have to say I'm enjoying it. Yes, some of the restoration looks a little odd, but after seeing countless programs in B&W, its nice to see an fresh and updated take on the subject. Robert Powell, who also narrated the Hitler's Bodyguard documentary, is on fine form here.

Comment

Personally I think that such faking of imagery should be punishable by stiff penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
        Personally I think that such faking of imagery should be punishable by stiff penalties.
        I agree, some form of 'protective custody' in a nice camp!

Over here in England is a very good series called 'Apocalypse' which is a lot of footage that I've never seen (and I've watched a lot!) and it is in HD and colour. Most of it is original colour but even the colourised film is done very well, similar to WAF member 'Larrister' and his colourised BW photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
          Over here in England is a very good series called 'Apocalypse' which is a lot of footage that I've never seen (and I've watched a lot!) and it is in HD and colour. Most of it is original colour but even the colourised film is done very well, .
          I agree !!, this 6 part doco 'Apocalypse' is a great documentry series and as mentioned by Seigfried, also footage I have not seen either.. a must see doco !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X