No announcement yet.

Practical tips for publishing book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about those machine things in bookshops whereas you can print your own books for cheap? I think it works out about 12 euro a book...

Comment

And who would actually buy such crappy quality "books"...

Comment

I'm surprised Marco hasn't chimed in. I think he published a book about Cassino and think he could help you out. I commend you on your work.

-Eric

Comment

Hi guys

I have sent out a few emails and am now waiting for responses.

"What about those machine things in bookshops whereas you can print your own books for cheap? I think it works out about 12 euro a book... "

I would like the book to look professional, not have a bunch of spelling mistakes, etc.

"I'm surprised Marco hasn't chimed in. I think he published a book about Cassino and think he could help you out."

I sent him a PM once asking a question regarding a veteran in one of his threads and never got a reply...

JL

Comment

Good luck J-L, I'll take a signed copy! The "champagne campaign" certainly needs more reference works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
              Hi guys

I have sent out a few emails and am now waiting for responses.

"What about those machine things in bookshops whereas you can print your own books for cheap? I think it works out about 12 euro a book... "

I would like the book to look professional, not have a bunch of spelling mistakes, etc.

"I'm surprised Marco hasn't chimed in. I think he published a book about Cassino and think he could help you out."

I sent him a PM once asking a question regarding a veteran in one of his threads and never got a reply...

JL
              You may want to try again. Haven't seen a post from him in a while. He's answered my PM in the past. Sounds like you have a compelling topic, and epic research so be persistent!

-Eric

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                And who would actually buy such crappy quality "books"...
                Any original research, within my own writing topics needs, I'll buy if even a simple xerox

And with current print technology, the quality is a lot better than some of the junk I see in bookstores.

Value is what is in it, not what it is on.

I never understood the French only Heimdal editions when multiple times as many sell if dual English or dual German.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                  Any original research, within my own writing topics needs, I'll buy if even a simple xerox...
                  That might work for text-only material but how about e.g. construction photos of e.g. Douglas A-20: which would you prefer, original glass-plate negatives with superb resolution or 3rd generation blurry xeroxes?

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post

I never understood the French only Heimdal editions when multiple times as many sell if dual English or dual German.
                  French cultural arrogance, perhaps?

Comment

I dont think it is particularly arrogant for a publisher to make books in the language of its own country only. If it were the case however, I believe several countries would beat France in the 'top arrogance' list!

Thanks for all the tips guys. I sent emails to a few that seemed most appropriate, and am now waiting for replies.

JL

Comment

[QUOTE=pasoleati;5013955]That might work for text-only material but how about e.g. construction photos of e.g. Douglas A-20: which would you prefer, original glass-plate negatives with superb resolution or 3rd generation blurry xeroxes?

The question was regards book publishing, not regards if with images, quantity, or quality.

I simply gave input after having had more than a dozen books of my own published.

Perhaps your publisher has other suggestions regards a manuscript in both a text only or illustrated volume ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X