Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson's Book on Daggers, Volume 6

Gents-

This question relates to a "stein" owned by a friend of mine - the reason for this thread in this forum is that this stein is supposedly pictured in Johnson's Book on Nazi Daggers, Volume 6, which I do not own.

My question to you all - in what context is this stein mentioned / presented in Johnson's reference ?

Thanks in advance for your research.

Best regards-

Kevin Sanders
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kevin Sanders; 03-26-2004, 11:18 AM.

Picture 2 - stein

another view
    Originally posted by Kevin Sanders
    Gents-

This question relates to a "stein" owned by a friend of mine - the reason for this thread in this forum is that this stein is supposedly pictured in Johnson's Book on Nazi Daggers, Volume 6, which I do not own.

My question to you all - in what context is this stein mentioned / presented in Johnson's reference ?

Thanks in advance for your research.

Best regards-

Kevin Sanders
    Attached Files

Comment

Picture3 Stein

3rd and last stein pic
      Originally posted by Kevin Sanders
      another view
      Attached Files

Comment

Page 262.

Shows a display of Luftwaffe artifacts owned by a Harry L. Derby. Part of the display appears to be this stein, or one like it, not enough detail to tell for sure though.

It is not mentioned in the accompanying caption nor in the text.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers,
        David.
        At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Try the Stein forum at GD.Com

The moderator is very knowledgeable.
          Tom Nowling

Comment

Originally posted by David C
            Page 262.

Shows a display of Luftwaffe artifacts owned by a Harry L. Derby. Part of the display appears to be this stein, or one like it, not enough detail to tell for sure though.

It is not mentioned in the accompanying caption nor in the text.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers,
            David.
            David I'm impressed! I did a quick look through my Volume VI and didnt' see the stein. I was going to try again this evening, but you beat me to the punch. Guess my old eyes aren't what they used to be (in fact, I know they aren't!)

Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X