Colditz - The series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colditz - The series

Great to see the 70's classic "Colditz" being re-run on the "Yesterday" channel over here in England.
    I haven't seen it since it's first run in 1972, and it's great to see it once more.

Gary J.

i have been recording it , its a great series

Comment

I

I'd forgotten how they built up to the initial exposure to Colditz itself, by leading in with the stories of how the POW's ended up there ....

I just remember that the drama slowly built up, as the tension to escape became the lead ....

A well put together drama, with the input from Pat Reid .... all those years ago !

Great stuff !!

Gary J.

Comment

http://www.bbcshop.com/history/coldi...vt/bbcdvd3330/

Comment

A fantastic series and has alaways stuck in my mind from childhood. I also had to buy the board game !

Nick
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep

Had it too !!!!
            And it was quite playable ....
            "Move fast" .... "Do or Die" .... "Appel"

Gary J.

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
            A fantastic series and has alaways stuck in my mind from childhood. I also had to buy the board game !

Nick

Comment

I still have my colditz game also kept tank battle

Comment

I was totally into the series as a schoolboy, the first BBC drama that I watched with baited breath. Very well shot and casted with excellent screenplay, and I think that although it may look a little dated, it has stood the test of time well.

A few years ago I visited Colditz castle as it had always been a place that I had connected with my childhood through the TV drama, and was a little suprised as to the castle as it is today. I posted several pics here on WAF from the visit if anyone is interested.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=colditz

Regards Richard.
                Last edited by stgeorge64; 11-05-2010, 09:42 AM.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Great pictures Richard

Not entirely what I was expecting. When I saw pic 1 of the entrance, it reminded me of a Spanish villa !

Still I would love to see it !

Nick

Comment

A real trip down memory lane!

Comment

Hi all,

It was great to see this series again (chilhood memories) on the "Yesterday" channel, I have often thought that it was puzzling that this very popular TV show had not been released on DVD.
                      Of course, after being seen on TV again, the DVD release was issued just before Christmas in the UK at an expensive price.
                      Guess I will wait for a short while for the price to go down!

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X