Downfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downfall

I watched the " Downfall " film yesterday on 4more. First time i seen it.
    Very well done and it gave a good insite on the last moments on third reich.
    All the actors played there parts well and the uniforms were superb as was the set. The young actors playing hitler youth and the guy who played Hitler was very excellent...Worth watching. I might even buy it.

I bought it and cant stop watching it!!!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
      I bought it and cant stop watching it!!!

Nick
      Think i will copy you Nick.

Rob

Comment

I've read about 12 books on the last days of Hitler, and "The Downfall" was very well done. BTW, that guy playing Hitler is Bruno Ganz (Swiss actor), who was also in "The Boys From Brazil", and "The Reader".

Regards,
        Kent G.

Comment

Try following it with "A Woman in Berlin" to put it into perspective. The events in this woman's life were going on just a few blocks away and occurring at the same time as the events in Downfall:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            Try following it with "A Woman in Berlin" to put it into perspective. The events in this woman's life were going on just a few blocks away and occurring at the same time as the events in Downfall:

Excellent movie....sometimes a bit hard to watch, because of the subject matter, but nonetheless a good topic in history that has been forgotten by many.

Comment

hmmm must try and find that A woman in Berlin movie here

Downfall is a very good movie, Ganz plays Hitler very well !

One of my favorites !

KM-NZ

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                I followed it with Traudle Junge's book, Until the Final Hour: Hitler's Last Secretary, and the documentary Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary, also about Junge.

Very, very interesting glance into the mind of AH from somebody who knew him well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X