Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibility to do book sharing?

Guys,

I was thinking about the possibility to do a book sharing system whereby a member passes one book to another member in return for another book. It will be done on a rotational basis and perhaps each book will be kept up to 4-6 weeks? Perhaps dependent on the type of book, arrangement, location of book owner etc.

The only criteria is that perhaps both parties agree that no one will be liable should the book be lost during delivery, damaged or misplaced. It will be on a trust-basis, so perhaps your feedback and post count could possibly be used as a first step? Also, it would be preferred that the book share will be for books of an equal value (or maybe 2 paperbacks for one reference book, etc)...

I see the advantages of this book sharing system that we don't need to own papaerbacks or reference books all the time and perhaps if we've no use to some books, why not circulate them? Both parties will naturally have to pay for the shipping costs on each other's side.

To get started, perhaps we could list down what books we have that are available for sharing?

Just my 2 cents. I'd like some opinions. Maybe its just a crazy idea here.
    Mil

I like the idea for hard to attain books however even though I am in in Ireland I can get a copy of pretty much every book ever published via The British Libary for free by using my libary card...

Comment

I tried this on another forum,,,,My Previtara EK book is still
      out there somewhere,,,,over a year later,,, I paid over a hundred bucks for it,,
      thought I could trust they guy,,,havent heard from him

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X