Into the Den of the Bear - new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Den of the Bear - new book

Into the the Den of the Bear is a new bookfrom Winidore Press by Hermann Pfaeffle of the 17th Panzer Division. Information is below. I can't wait to read it!
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Looks like it might be a pretty good read.....thanks for pointing it out....best, rich

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for pointing this out. Are shots of the insides available for a sneek peek?

Mil

Comment

check the website www.winidorepress.com
        Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

I ordered my copy & talked with Stephen about it awhile ago...should be a fun read! Looking forward to it!
          Greg

Comment

Has anyone had the opportunity to read this book yet?

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. Looks pretty good, looking forward to reading!
              Greg

Comment

Just finished this outstanding book and it is a wonderful read IMHO. One, if not the best, memoir I have ever read. Great experiences and the writing style is fantastic!! Loved the maps throughout to help follow his travels, battles etc.
                I 100% recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading soldiers personal experiences!
                Thanks!
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
                  Just finished this outstanding book and it is a wonderful read IMHO. One, if not the best, memoir I have ever read. Great experiences and the writing style is fantastic!! Loved the maps throughout to help follow his travels, battles etc.
                  I 100% recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading soldiers personal experiences!
                  Thanks!
                  Greg
                  I just got my copy for Christmas. I like the book so far, but I must say I am dissapointed in the gaps in the book. There are several chapters that skip six months time period with no explanation. I am not sure why the author or editors didnt add a little historical overview (like in Blood Red Snow) to help the reader understand what was going on with the 17th Panzer durring the gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Joesan21 View Post
                    I just got my copy for Christmas. I like the book so far, but I must say I am dissapointed in the gaps in the book. There are several chapters that skip six months time period with no explanation. I am not sure why the author or editors didnt add a little historical overview (like in Blood Red Snow) to help the reader understand what was going on with the 17th Panzer durring the gaps.
                    Yes, but for example my wife's grandfather was in Don in 2nd Hungaryan Army.He never tell us from his "experiences". I search his unit's story, (feldpost) and the in the period when he injured, cca 10 thousand hungaryan soldier killed or injured or missed. He lost his left eye.
                    I want to tell you,that the memorables sometimes are closed,or selected. We are very nice, that Hermann Pfaeffle tell us this strory. I think, Stephen had not easy work,but Hermann want to tell his every feelings. The missing periods from the story maybe personal remebrances.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X