Help with period third reich childrens book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with period third reich childrens book

Hi all,I won at auction this original Third Reich Childrens book entitled Wenn Die Soldaten Durch Die Stadt Marschieren. It's a panorama book that folds out in very good condition.All hardcover with no rips or tears I paid $216.00 My question is did I get a good price?Does anybody know about this book?whats the rarity?I saw some antiquarian bookstores asking for two grand for a copy but that seems pretty steep.thanks all that reply.
    Dan
    Attached Files

more pix
    Attached Files

Comment

panorama format
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice book - as you won it, that means some other guys thought it has that value. IMO its to expensive, I have just sold that one for 50,-EUR:
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gran,
          Yes this book has two booksellers on the web claiming its the only one in existence with price tags from $2,200 to 2,400. I lifted it for $210 + shipping.The fella who sold it said the price was too high and should maybe go for $1,200 to $1,000.Still, some sights that sell reprints said as a selling point "original copies easily sell for over a $100".Well $100 is a lot different than $2000 or even $1000 and is closer to what you sold it for. A bit steep, I shot probably a hundred more than I should o.K.Theres always the possibility for future price increases (and decreases too)as with all collectables. I'm happy with it and it fits in with my collection of badges Thanks Gran for your help.
          Daniel

Comment

Hello Book collector Daniel,
            I just saw this thread. I dont know about that particular book, but in general I know TR era books.
            What ever you do, take some book sellers ideas on prices for TR era books with a grain of salt.
            But you know that now.
            How many times have I found a TR era book I know sells for 100 to 400 dollars
            that some yahoo idiot bookseller has an asking price way out of line .

I notice it is usually American book sellers who do this. They think they have found gold if they get an actual "nazi" book. Either they are sanctimoniously putting a high price tag on to keep it out of non p.c. hands or saw that a rare SS book went for "X" amount, so any TR era book should also go for "X" amount.
            By sanctimonious: once there were some Hitler youth magazines for sale in USA and overpriced. But the sellers warned it was only for sale to "scholars" and "no neonazis are allowed to buy it".
            They never sold till they lowered the prices AND got rid of the restrictions.
            There is one book I want out there that should cost less than $400 dollars that some idiot seller thinks is worth 5,000 dollars. Needless to say he has been offering it for over 3 years now without it being sold.

Comment

You can get a copy of "Wenn Die Soldaten Durch
              Die Stadt Marschieren" from http://www.ihffilm.com/b017.html for only $14.95.

That being said Wenn Die Soldaten Durch Die Stadt Marschieren is one of my favorite German songs.

Comment

Hi Michael,I see now that as a book purchaser prices are out of wack.I didn't mind paying the two hundred for an honest authentic period book but I agree these bozos that are asking $2200 to $2400 for a book that is worth a fraction of that is rotten.
                Hi Dave, I did see the reprints being sold at IHF and true it would have been practical not only price wise but I believe the reprints have translations but I wanted a period piece.Well at least I didn't spend Two Grand.
                Thanks Guys,
                Dan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X