Clear All

Into the Den of the Bear

New title from Winidore Press, looks like it might be a good one:

http://winidorepress.com/denofthebear.php
    Attached Files

The cover of the book is quite neat.

Comment

Some background notes

Just a note on the book. (I am copying this to another forum as well.) Hermann Pfaeffle, the author, just turned 95 years-old on June 8. (born in 1915) It was a pleasure to work with him on this very different kind of book from Winidore Press. His mind is still sharp even after having gone through the hell of the Eastern Front and then some sixty-five years hence. Hermann was a Panzer officer and served for the duration of the German-Russian war. For his birthday, only two other individuals from his high school could be located and invited to the celebration, but alas, one was too frail to travel and the other could not make it for some other reason. I began working with him as the editor on the book in 2007, when he was a spry 92. I am glad to see he has lived to fulfill his dream of a published memoir. There were of course no guarantees, and everyday the clock ticked the work went on in earnest. I think for those of you interested in the everyday activities and trials of Reconnaissance troops on the Eastern Front this story will find its mark. It is a look at a smaller picture, not the overall scheme of things, although the story of course follows the plight of the German Army. For more information and some photos of the interior visit www.winidorepress.com. I'd like to express my appreciation to Birgit and Dietrich Maerz, Gabor Tischler, Dr. Hajagos Zsolt, Andor Mikula and Larry Tekoeti for their invaluable assistance with some of the contents of the book.
      Stephen Previtera

Comment

Will look out for a copy
        many thanks

Comment

As seen also on the flyer distributed in the mail
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Darrell; 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Book

Hi Stephen,
            The book sounds great I will have to buy it.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Sounds like a 'must read'

Nick

Comment

Having just finished a book on the diaries of another 17.Panzer Division soldier, this book is a must for me. The book looks great and I look forward to reading it.

17.Panzer Division was a good unit and has not had the historical coverage it deserves.

Comment

Just bought this from Mr. Privitera at the show in Chantilly, VA. Half way thru already. Awesome book. I can't put it down.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting this info. I placed an order from the website posted. Is this book being shipped immeadetely? I seen on website they said an Oct. delivery, but seen from previous post that the gentlemen had already got a book and read...Anyone know the availability status of this title?
                    Thanks again,
                    Mike

Comment

The cover is very catching and so is the title. And most important is sounds like a very intresting book

Comment

Placed Order

I just placed an order the other day. The publisher said that the books will be ready and sent out around the 15th of Oct. Cant wait to get it. Really glad for the heads up Mike and all...
                        Mike
                        P.S. I let the publisher know via email about how I heard about the book and they were very pleased. Thanks again guys.

Comment

I bought the book last weekend and I am about 1/3 through. It is a great read with many personal stories that makes the eastern front come alive. It is not a typical shot 'em up book, but the stories show life on the eastern front.
                          Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Will be gettting this one when i clear my reading backlog

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X