Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Book 1941

Hi Guys !
    I have a ? about a book from 1941 , and need Your help .
    " Die Fallschirmjager von Dombås " , writen by Hauptmann Herbert Schmidt , and book is printed in Berlin 1941 .
    The book is for sale here in Norway .
    Is this a common book , or a rare book .
    It`s first time I se this fore sale in Norway .
    If book is rare , perhaps I would to try to grab it .

Jan Arne
    Attached Files

I have seen this book a few times on qxl.no (I quess you have too), and the auctions have always ended quit expensive, so I quess it is a bit rare, but lets hear what the FJ-guys say.

Cheers

Comment

Common without dust jacket, $30-$40.

Scarce with nice condition dust jacket $80 - $100.

Comment

Hallo Jan Arne!

This book has become rare during the last years, and I have seen them without dust jacket for 100-120 USD.
        BTW, Schmidt was Oberleutnant, not Hauptmann!

B

Comment

The book is common without dustjacket. There are two copies available now on the Zentrales Verzeichnis Antiquarischer Bücher (ZVAB) website for 40 EU, for example, where they've been sitting for a while because the price is 30 percent over market. If you can get $120 for a copy of this book, you're apparently the only person on earth who can. I suggest you buy them both for resale.

Comment

Hello Chris!

Well, maybe I am the only on earth then!
            Two years ago I sold 2 copies for 800 Norwegian kroner each, that is about 100 USD. They were nice, but no dustcover. Last year I bought a copy from USA for 30 USD, and resold it later for 800 NKR again.
            The book "Narvik im Bild" by Böttger is another book that has become quite costly. I have seen them sold recently for 2000 NKR! Again no dust cover!

B

Comment

Hello everybody,

"Die Fallschirmjäger von Dombas" is not very rare - it has been sold on ebay aprox. 5 times in the last 4 weeks. Prices from EURO 30 without to EURO 40 with nice dust jacket.
              "Narvik im Bild" is even more common - can be found on ebay every day - with or without dustjacket. I would not spend more than 15 - 20 EURO for that book.

ustufvorwaerts
              silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Hello!

Yes, I am aware that copies of "Die Fallschirmjäger.." are frequently found on Ebay, and the same goes for "Narvik im Bild".
                What I was trying to say, maybe a little unclear, is that these books often are sold or traded here in Norway for a lot more than the rest of Europe.
                Just a few days ago, a copy of "Narvik" sold for 2100 NKR at a Intenet auction. That is app. 300 USD.

It will of course end as soon as people know where to find them cheaper.
                There are differences between the different countries - up till recently items like German helmets were significantly cheaper here than in other countries!

B.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X