Rare Luftwaffe Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Luftwaffe Book?

Just purchased an estate with tons of books many reference quality and found hardbound book with silver Luftwaffe eagle on the outside cover the title is
    "Wir Kampften Auf Dem Balkan" Its in German and has a large photo of Goring with a signature underneath. I can only find two for sale and am amazed at the price both around $500 once you do the Euro conversion? Whats the story with this one?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Wir Kampften Auf Dem Balkan

I stumbled upon your thread and thought you might still like to get a little info on this book. There's a copy of it for sale on a website with this info:

"This ... was printed for distribution only to the officers of the 8th Flying Command and under no conditions was it for sale. Why such a beautiful book was not for public consumption, we don’t know, but in any case, it is an excellent work with text and hundreds of fine photographic entries; many in full Agfa color, which was way ahead of its time. All sorts of aircraft are shown with their heroic pilots and crews, personalities of the Luftwaffe are featured, allies, ceremonies, charts, paratroops, battle scenes, ground troops, etc. The pages are not numbered, but the book is nearly an inch thick so we are probably talking about more than 150 pages, at least. The book measures 12 x 8 ½ inches...."

Comment

more info

Also found some more info:

The book published in 1943.
        We fought in the Balkans - 8. Air Corps
        Issued on behalf of the 8th Air Corps of the Air Force war reporting company, Captain (Hauptmann) W. Baron von Heintze.
        Design of the book and is responsible for all content: war correspondent-Leader Ludwig Wiedemann
        The printing was 14,000 copies issued only to the members of the Air Corps.
        The book originally had a dust jacket:

Last edited by Bagel; 10-01-2010, 09:11 AM. Reason: img link was incorrect

Comment

This book is part of a series of four,,yours is a little harder to find but obtainable nonetheless,,,I have "we fought against the sowjets"
          and the "Krimea" book,,,,500.00 is what they are priced at but they arent selling at even half that,,,heres one of mine:
          Attached Files

Comment

more
            Attached Files

Comment

heres a sales pitch from some nutjob on ebay,,he tries to sell these for up
              to 900.00!!!! he's completely lost his mind:

We fought against the Sowjets

No Reserve Price!

What makes this really hard to find is that it was published specifically for the officers of the 8th Flying Command
              (VIII. Fliegerkorps) and not available for purchase by the general public.
              It is an excellent pictorial memento with text and hundreds of photo pictures and drawn illustrations; many in full Agfa color, which
              was way ahead of its time. All sorts of aircraft are shown with their pilots and crews, personalities of the Luftwaffe are featured,
              allies, ceremonies, battle scenes, ground troops, Stuka bombings, images of the native people and lands etc.

Comment

these are all beautiful books and, although, they are not ultra scarce, they are also not that common. No-one will pay the prices that are being mentioned here and whoever is looking for those is clearly living in cloud cuckooland anyhow, very nice books and depending on condition they should sell for between $50 and $100 each. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

As Niblet said, there are four of them done in this series:

(Not sure of exact title) deals with Western Campaign of 1940

WIR KAEMPTEN AUF DEM BALKAN (VIII Fliegerkorps)

WIR KAEMPFTEN GEGEN DIE SOWJETS (VIII Fliegerkorps)

WIR KAEMPFTEN AUF DER KRIM 1941/42 (Luftflotte 4)

Can anyone supply the exact title of the one done on the French campaign of 1940? Also, I don't believe this one had color plates, unlike the other three...

That dealer on Ebay who is flogging "...gegen die Sowjets" (and has been for an eternity) is a real clog. He endlessly recycles the same books over and over again. At his prices I'd be surprised if anyone ever bought anything...$200 or so for some cheapy magazine about the campaign in Norway, which you can probably find for 25.00 - 30.00 if you look for it? Right!

Comment

The western campaign is the rarest of the series I will have to do some digging,,I dont know the title,,,

I foud a Norway campaign magazine for 45.00,,instead of the
                    200.00 "OMOSAN" wants for it on ebay,,,

Comment

Thank you for all who posted. I own all these three titles, w/o dustjackets. I would be very interested in the 4th title, as I have never heard of this book.

Cheers,
                      Astarr

Comment

heres the Sowjets book:
                        Attached Files

Comment

more sports shirt eagles in wear
                          Attached Files

Comment

more
                            Attached Files

Comment

An update to this thread
                              I just received an UBER rare copy of the above book in a very hard to find BLUE
                              cover!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X