Danger UXB series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danger UXB series

I just happened to stumble on this old series on youtube, and have only watched the first one for now, but am very impressed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfcC0ki6uhI

I shows the life of an engineer unit in England during the Blitz in 1940, who have the mission of disarming unexploded bombs. It describes in details a little known job, and is accompanied by a good dose of good old british humor. I would advise everyone to watch it.
    I am not sure about the next episodes, as I have not seen them yet.

JL

Jean-Loup,

View it from this site

http://www.funmoviesite.com/watch-93294-Danger-UXB

The quality is far better. All the episodes are great and I only watched them last month. I remember this series when it was first shown on British television.

Comment

I just watched to more episodes. Really good stuff! I am surprised I had never heard of this series before. It is definitly a refreshing change from the normal hollywood style war movies.

JL

Comment

There the other one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYtvAC9eeb0

Pete

Comment

Hi,
          like David, I remember this series from when it was originally shown on British TV.
          Some good shows in those days - "Colditz" and "Wish Me Luck" spring to mind.
          Another series about the occupation of the Channel Islands ("Island At War"}?I believe was the title - although memory is a little hazy on that one!

Even today, British TV still produce WW2 themed series.
          "Foyle's War" and "Land Girls" are two recent series produced in the UK.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

"...a good name to start the job, Ashes to ashes dust to dust?"

Am beginning to watch the first episode. Looks promising.

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

I think I'm correct in saying that all the events in this series really happened but not all to the same bomb disposal unit. That's probably what makes it such a good series. If it were pure fiction it just wouldn't work.

Comment

The book and series are really great companions.
                ------------------------------------------------
                Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I recently watch this series on YouTube after a British collector friend told me about it. It was so good that I had to buy the series on DVD and watch it again.

Plus now I've started collecting Bomb Disposal items.

I wish they would make more series like these.

Comment

I remember watching that when I was in school. loved it then, brings back memories, may watch it all over again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X