CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just arrived: Uniforms & Insignia of the Grossdeutschland Division by S. Pritchett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just arrived: Uniforms & Insignia of the Grossdeutschland Division by S. Pritchett

Well, I just received my copies. I'm really looking forward to poring over these in coming days.
    Attached Files

Gd

My copies arrived today and I am really impressed with the work that Scott put into this. The set is well worth the money and I think will be a must for those with an interest in the Heer!

Comment

can we see some shots of inside please?

Comment

Has anyone in the UK received their copies yet?

Comment

The Uk distributor (Bushwood Books) usually gets its copies a few weeks after a title is available in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
            The Uk distributor (Bushwood Books) usually gets its copies a few weeks after a title is available in the US.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mambo View Post
              can we see some shots of inside please?
              Well, here's a few quick snaps.

It is really hard to know just where to begin in describing this set. It took me four hours yesterday just to look them over, never mind actually reading the books.

It is quite obvious that the author must have spent years of his life in assembling the information needed to produce these volumes. I am very impressed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Three huge volumes chocked with photos and information - it is quite an effort just to lift them!
                Attached Files

Comment

According to www.bushwoodbooks.co.uk at least some vols are "now available" so it might be wise to call them if they already have them in stock. But otherwise what I previously wrote has been the case in the past. Though if there is a storm in the Atlantic, prepare for a longer delay as the books come by boat

Comment

According to www.bushwoodbooks.co.uk at least some vols are "now available" so it might be wise to call them if they already have them in stock. But otherwise what I previously wrote has been the case in the past. Though if there is a storm in the Atlantic, prepare for a longer delay as the books come by boat
                    Thanks for the info. I've ordered my copies via Scott as one of my tunics is included in one of the Vols, so I will just wait for them to arrive.

Comment

After talking to Scott a while back he mapped out the time frame for the books.... To quote him...."I have spent the last 5 years writing what started as "a" book on Grossdeutschland Uniforms and Insignia...10 years total of research/writing and 37 years of collecting have gone into them....' Started as a 2 volume series but they had to make it a 3 volume just to fit it all in. Still waiting paitently here 'down under' for my set.

Can't wait for them.

Mark

Comment

I've just received an email from Bushwood letting me know that my books have been despatched today.

Comment

Grossdeutschland

Hello to all,

I received my three volumes today, sent since England. I am not in my habit of complimenting but this time I have to say that the work is admirable, perfect, in summary : the Bible !!

Congratulations to Scott for this gigantic work

Polux

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X