what the worst mistake youve seen in a documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the worst mistake youve seen in a documentary

this might be a fun thread!just wondering whats the worst thing youve ever seen or said in a documentary? mine would have to been on a documentary called "Battlefield" ,there were doing a section on Normandy and Caen and were doing a bit on the Mg42 but for the entire bit they showed the Mg34 and only the last clip was there an Mg42!!
    the next one was "Britains greatest machines" and they claimed that the british meteor jet was not only the very first combat jet (so the me262 doesn't count so!!)but that it was the ONLY aircraft that could catch the V1s!! (so obviously the hawker tempests and spitfires dont count!!)
    so post what was the worst you've seen or heard on them!!!!!

I don't know where to start........................

Comment

Maybe not the worst one but it's always stuck with me. The Waffen SS episode of Weaponlogy when they talk about individual loadouts and how the Waffen SS would carry a CEREMONIAL dagger into battle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qADmPT5Oedc

-Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang08 View Post
        Maybe not the worst one but it's always stuck with me. The Waffen SS episode of Weaponlogy when they talk about individual loadouts and how the Waffen SS would carry a CEREMONIAL dagger into battle!

-Bryant
        oh yeah i remember that one!!!! wonder where they came up with that one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
          I don't know where to start........................
          Before I clicked on this thread and just read the headline those exact words popped up in my mind

But one of the worst misstakes was in a documentry in which the speaker claimed that Stalingrad took place in 1941. That german army advanced faster than the history books

Comment

-Bryant
            ''They not only protected but went on the offensive'' ... crikey!

So as well as the dagger they were all armed with Lugers and MP.44's.

What an awful programme, which considering it is recently made is pathetic.

Chris.

Comment

This isn't so much a historical mistake, but I got one of those cheapy WWII documentary 10-DVD collections called "The War Machines of WWII" that you get in the metal case for $20 or so. The DVD on the Heer had the wrong audio! I couldn't believe it; they actually put the audio from the American Army DVD on the Heer DVD. On top of that, I've NEVER seen a documentary reuse footage as bad as this one did. You would see the same exact clip three times in about as many minutes. In short, this was probably one of the worst f*cking documentaries that I've ever seen.

Comment

"Weaponlogy" is a MTV version of History. Quite annoying to watch.

Comment

sadly most of the documentaries dont really bother looking to much into the proper historical aspect!! made as has been said for the MTV generation!!!
                  there must be losts more mistakes out there!!!!another one for me is then there were talking about the tiger tank i think in "Killer tanks" and half the clips were of the mark IV or panther!!!or another was a real time documentary on Dunkirk and and they had shots of russian aircraft and tigers!!!!

Comment

-Bryant
                    "The Shootsstaeffle..."

"The Strumabteihlungh..."

Boy, I cought a cold, my girlfriend just left me an I´m so frickin´ drunk and sad but this documentary made my laugh and laugh and laugh. You rock, man!

H-I-T-L-E-R, drivin´ down the street in a fancy car...

*mrhahrharrharr*

---> screwed Kimb.

Comment

Hahaha. I'm glad we could get some enjoyment out of watching such a crappy documentary.

-Bryant

Comment

I now play music and turn off the sound, always

Oberstgruppenführer Paul Hausser's rank called

"Senior Platoon Leader"

And they pay these morons

Comment

Just a WWI DVD set I have, when talking about the year 1914 and 1915 they show German troops on the march in Steel Helmets not yet fielded. NO big deal but it throws you if you know what you are looking at Vs. hearing.

Comment

You pay for what you get.................

Comment

I remember watching the History Channel. It was a documentary with black & white footage of WW2. They showed clips of the German Wochenshau showing German soldiers in combat in Normandy, but the History Channel attribured this footage to the Eastern front. It's a total fraud, but, I don't mind it now, cos this channel doesn't show too many documentaries of that war anymore. Instead, it's all about dirty jobs n non-history related populist sell out crap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X