Movie - The Downfall of Berlin Anonyma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie - The Downfall of Berlin Anonyma

"A nameless woman keeps a diary as the Russians invade Berlin in the spring of 1945. She is in her early 30s, a patriotic journalist with international credentials; her husband, Gerd, a writer, is an officer at the Russian front. She speaks Russian and, for a day or two after the invasion, keeps herself safe, but then the rapes begin. She resolves to control her fate and invites the attentions of a Russian major, Andreij Rybkin. He becomes her protector of sorts subject to pressures from his own fellow soldiers and officers. Dramas play out in the block of flats where she lives. Is she an amoral traitor?"

I bought this dvd yesterday because it looked interesting and it was cheap! Glad I did because it's an extremely well made and well acted movie. If you're looking for an action film, this isn't for you although there is a sequence at the start where Russian troops have to clear out a Berlin house which I thought was really well done. Plenty of T34's and PPSH's as well.

Action isn't what the story is all about though. It's about the woman of Berlin and what they have to do to survive. I was expecting to see some fairly brutal scenes but the Russians are portrayed more as drunken and fairly harmless guys with just sex on their minds. I expect the reality was a lot more sinister.

I recommend seeing this film. I doubt you will want to watch it over and over again but it makes a change from the average Hollywood trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJFsFIvsDyY

the movie is good, but i recommend also the book.

Comment

Mmm

Looks like a good film. The Germans make good films. I have watched the series of Heimat and also Das Boot, Stalingrad and Downfall. Were would I buy the DVD? You could sell me yours Ben since you have watched it.

Regards

Mike

Comment

just watched a few clips on youtube and it looks ok but in reality the russians in berlin were far-far worse than depicted in this movie and i feel the film makers missed out here

Comment

Originally posted by madmikess View Post
          Looks like a good film. The Germans make good films. I have watched the series of Heimat and also Das Boot, Stalingrad and Downfall. Were would I buy the DVD? You could sell me yours Ben since you have watched it.

Regards

Mike

Look on amazon?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Anonyma-Th...item414e6c2495

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Matt and Slim,

I will bid on ebay for the DVD. Once I have watched it if you guys want it I will send it on to you for free if you haven't seen it. PM me

Regards

Mike

Comment

If a member Its available on Netflix to watch on demand with your computer. excellent quality. I also noticed many of the actors/actresses were from "Downfall"

Comment

I really enjoyed this movie.

Comment

I will have to check it out. It looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SLIM View Post
                      just watched a few clips on youtube and it looks ok but in reality the russians in berlin were far-far worse than depicted in this movie and i feel the film makers missed out here
                      I watched this movie sometime ago's not more time after Der Untergang ( Downfall ) watching Anonyma after looks like the continuty to what happened on those days,unfortunately like Der Untergang the produtiction is been not brave enough to show how much bad soviets had done to german women, on Der Untergang the ending was poetic and artistic but reality was more more different for the secretaries escaped to the bunker.

The problem here is the character of the good soviet officer i know on the book dosen't exist , we maded a big step forward for his theme this movie couldn't be made before (rape of women maded by winners) but still there is a price to pay...so we see the character of the good soviet officer however is a good movie Nina Hoss is been great.

I think could interesting know if the movie is been translated on other languages other german and english.....for exemple on italian exist the book but not the movie nevertheless many news papers had talk about the movie....

LuftwaffeAsse
                      Last edited by LuftwaffeAsse; 02-28-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X