the devils guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the devils guard

had a stroke of good luck today , i went to the limb centre to have my false leg overhauled -- tedious and boring -- whilst wheeling myself about i half heartedly looked at the charity books for sale (usually total crap) when i noticed a first edition copy of "the devils guard " by Elford ,this book retails for £55 at amazon --- mine for 20p for those not aware its the account of an ex ss officer and a formation of ex German soldiers fighting in the French foriegn legion against the "viet minh /cong in French indo china/vietnam ,great read too

If you fancy making a nice profit I'll buy it off you for 60p - hell, I'll even make it a full quid!

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      If you fancy making a nice profit I'll buy it off you for 60p - hell, I'll even make it a full quid!
      hell i wouldn t sell you one of my rubber toes for that

Comment

Great book, luck find. They re-published it a few years ago and I bought a new copy for about $45. I sold it tho, cos I needed to raise some dosh.

Comment

I'm in the middle of reading it. Good story! It came in a large lot of books I just bought. Price on Amazon is crazy!

Comment

I was lucky too

I also got this great read at a great price £1.00 sold it for £35.00 after reading it several times.
            I would rate it the best fictional book i,ve ever read.

Comment

Its a great book and there is a sequal too

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
                Its a great book and there is a sequal too

Nick
                There's actually 2 sequels, Pt 2 is Recall To Inferno and Pt 3 is Unconditional Warfare.

Comment

Son of a B****

WOAH ! THose Amazon Prices are STUPID. $1,000? Geez what is it?, an autographed copy of Mein Kampf, First Edition????

Comment

Might add that its available as pdf online if one is only after the read, and I concur, its a good one.

//John

Comment

Fiction?

These are novels? I thought they were true stories?

By the way I believe the sequel is Return to Inferno............

Comment

PDF link?

Does anyone have a link to that pdf read? I had those books 25 years ago as a teenager and I loved them. Lost to the sands of time I would love to read them again.

thx.

Comment

Originally posted by kikidapoet View Post
                          Does anyone have a link to that pdf read? I had those books 25 years ago as a teenager and I loved them. Lost to the sands of time I would love to read them again.

thx.
                          Hi.
                          PM sent with link.

Comment

i've got the 1973 book it was in a box of my late g/dad's item's how much would i get for that do you think it's in tip top condition

Comment

Devils Guard

Thatswar1944 I was searching for that book months ago. In the UK and US print mediums. US that edition was going for over a grand!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X