Rochus Misch Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rochus Misch Book

Well, I received a reply from the German publishing house for Rochus Misch's book. I am afraid it is bad news. I can't understand why an English speaking publishing house has not picked up this book... Here is what they told me:

"thank you for your message and your interest in Piper program.

I' sorry to tell you, that »Der letzte Zeuge« by Rochus Misch will not be available in english for the next time; the rights are not sold to an english-speaking publishing house.

If you need any further information about our program, please contact me again"

Originally posted by Matt Swenson View Post
    Well, I received a reply from the German publishing house for Rochus Misch's book. I am afraid it is bad news. I can't understand why an English speaking publishing house has not picked up this book... Here is what they told me:

"thank you for your message and your interest in Piper program.

I' sorry to tell you, that »Der letzte Zeuge« by Rochus Misch will not be available in english for the next time; the rights are not sold to an english-speaking publishing house.

If you need any further information about our program, please contact me again"

Wll let's be pro-active and suggest a publisher. I propose the Aberjona press.

Comment

How would we get the ball rolling?

Comment

Rochus Misch Book

Hi everyone,

I met with Rochus for the second time back over the easter weekend. In regards to his book- he says everyone asks when will it be in English- but he does not know the answer. The fact that they are trying to make a film out of his story is the reason it is delayed.

He knows no more than that.

Regards,
        Tom.

Comment

Rochus Visit and Movie

Tom,
          Below is a link about Misch, his book and the film that they are apparently making. I have not been able to find out any more info than that on the movie... did he mention anything else? I have written to him a few times and send him cards on Christmas, Easter, etc. I was fortunate enough to have him reply once as well. It would be fascinating to hear about what the two of you talked about. Cheers! Matt

http://www.rochus-misch.de/der-letzt.../filmdreh.html

Comment

Matt,
            Yes I have seen that website before- Either on this forum on another (I cannot remember as I search through so many!), someone mentioned about being an extra in the filming, though it is currently on hold at the moment.

He did not know anything else about when it will be published- everyone always asks, he said. I presume, if or when the film comes out, so will the book? That's my opinion on it.

When I visited I took with me a collection of photos I have of the inner circle. Pics at the Berghof, Berlin bunker and also quite a few post-war pics of people like Gunsche, Kempka, Linge, Traudl Junge etc.

He seemed to quite like going through them, seeming surprised at some of them. He would also quite often name the other people in the photograph that I didn't know, so he helped to fill in the blanks.

In regards to the Fegelein question- he still would not say who it was. He will not give up that secret.

Kind regards,
            Tom

Comment

Tom,
              This may be a naive question, but why do you think he will not reveal the answer to the Fegelein mystery...
              Matt

Comment

Matt,
                I believe it could be for a number of reasons:

He does not actually know for certain- from most accounts he was told by someone else as to who actually did it, therefore not necessarily speaking with the individual themselves.

He knew the person very well and so pure loyalty to their memory means he would not wish to say.

It is a secret so many wish to know- but if you were possibly the last person left alive who knows, would you not want to perhaps keep that last bit of secret knowledge to yourself? Rather than "spill the beans" after so many years.

It is his birthday tomorrow, I hope he enjoys it. From a source I know, he is celebrating it with his daughter.

Kind regards,
                Tom.

Comment

Speer1989, I thought he and his daughter didn't get along anymore and seldomly spoke to eachother. Good thing that they celebrate his birthday together.

Comment

Hello,

They now do speak to each other again. They didn't for a number of years though. She was married and is now divorced.

Her children however do not speak with him. I believe she has two sons?
                    The house that Misch lives in is to be left to his grand children.

From what I know he is quite saddened that they will not visit him, but he promised his wife that he will leave the house to them.

Kind regards,
                    Tom.

Comment

A recent report in regards to the making of the film "The Last Witness".

http://www.budapesttimes.hu/index.ph...232&Itemid=222

Regards,
                      Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X