Field gear books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field gear books?

Are there any good book references on Wehrmacht field gear being published? I have Lee's Soldat series, but wondering if anything else was out there that you guys could recommend. I am primarily interested in infantry field gear and soldier accessories. Thanks,
    Johnnie

Originally posted by Johnnie
    Are there any good book references on Wehrmacht field gear being published? I have Lee's Soldat series, but wondering if anything else was out there that you guys could recommend. I am primarily interested in infantry field gear and soldier accessories. Thanks,
    Johnnie
    Hi Johnny,
    it's been nearly two years now that very interesting features concerning WW2 German field gear(canteens,entrenching tools,breadbags,gas masks,shoes,ammo pouches,mess kits aso)are regularly appearing on French MILITARIA MAGAZINE,expertly written and full of very detailed and useful color pictures.
    I don't know where you live but even if you're over there in America I guess you can easily find this magazine distributed there by RZM IMPORTS DIST.,PO BOX 995,Southbury,CT 06488.I'll soon write you a message in which I'll let you know in which issues you'll find these features and you'll see that they're worth having and you'll find more pictures and reference there than you'd find in more pricey publications by which people usually swear !
    Talk to you soon
    Manuel
    Last edited by derspiess63; 02-02-2004, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you Manuel, I appreciate the information,
      Johnnie

Originally posted by derspiess63
      Hi Johnny,
      it's been nearly two years now that very interesting features concerning WW2 German field gear(canteens,entrenching tools,breadbags,gas masks,shoes,ammo pouches,mess kits aso)are regularly appearing on French MILITARIA MAGAZINE,expertly written and full of very detailed and useful color pictures.
      I don't know where you live but even if you're over there in America I guess you can easily find this magazine distributed there by RZM IMPORTS DIST.,PO BOX 995,Southbury,CT 06488.I'll soon write you a message in which I'll let you know in which issues you'll find these features and you'll see that they're worth having and you'll find more pictures and reference there than you'd find in more pricey publications by which people usually swear by!
      Talk to you soon
      Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie
        Thank you Manuel, I appreciate the information,
        Johnnie
        Hi Johnnie
        here you go some MILITARIA MAGAZINES issues you may need:
        #183:WH entrenching tool
        #185:WH entrenching tool(folding)
        #188:WH Bayonet frog
        #190:WH Bread bag(1)
        #191:WH Bycicle( )+
        #193:WH Canteen(1)
        #195:WH Canteen(2)
        #197:WH Mess tin
        #201:WH Ersatz Ammo Pouches
        #200:WH Footwear+Gas mask
        #202:WH Gas mask
        #203:2nd PzDiv. in Normandy Special issue
        #206:KM Soldbucher
        #210:WH Gas mask(3)
        #211:LW Soldbucher
        #213:Heer Tunic(1)
        #215:Heer Tunic(2)
        #217:Heer Tunic(3)
        #219:Heer Tunic(4)
        #220:Panzerfaust( )
        #221:Heer Tunic(5)

Hope it helps!

Manuel

Comment

The old and out of print 3-volume series by Angolia, "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army", are still the finest references. Not sure if they can be found today though. His more recent Luftwaffe 3-volumes are also worth having.

Those "Militaria" magazines are very good too!

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X