The Keep - Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Keep - Movie

Did anyone see this strange story of supernatural forces waging war against the Nazis ina village in the Balkans...Gabriel Byrne plays an SS officer! with Jurgen Prochnow...

I happened on it on late one night recently!!! Any thoughts on it!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve P; 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM.
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Saw it, was intense and unexpected. Hard for most movies to keep my attention, it was off the wall enough to do so.

Comment

I tried to read the book years ago and it put me off watching the film

Nick

Comment

Hello.

I watched this on Sky channel something or other.

Loved the music by Tangerine Dream but toes were curling at the SS uniforms.

I thought the mountain troops were fairly well represented.

Chris.

Comment

i wanted to see this for years and years!!! finally did and was disappointed!!still though the main character wasnt bad!!

Comment

Hey the keep is a superb movie! I have been waiting for it to come out on DVD but sadly the company who own the rights to it went pop and its stuck in Limbo! The book is great!

Comment

Originally posted by jambobbyb View Post
              Hey the keep is a superb movie! I have been waiting for it to come out on DVD but sadly the company who own the rights to it went pop and its stuck in Limbo! The book is great!
              Mate, I know it's not the same but there is plenty of YouTube footage!!!
              Cheers, Steve
              "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Have not seen it, but I own the book.

As I understand it is one of those movies where all the SS men wear black.

Now that is a horror movie.

Comment

I recently got a copy of the old VHS cassette of this movie--it was a lot better back in 1983 when it came out. Looks dated now, with lame effects. I think it was Michael Mann's first movie.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                    Loved the music by Tangerine Dream but toes were curling at the SS uniforms.
                    Funny that you should say that. I thought the soundtrack was really annoying and spoilt what would have been a pretty decent movie. I read the book when I was kid and it scared me half to death. Movies don't usualy live up to the books though. Best thing about the film is the photography, some stunning scenes like when the boat leaves Greece as the sun is rising.
                    I think it's about time for a remake and a big budget.

Comment

good story, saw it long ago.. i think his eyes light up silly

Comment

I like it!

Hi Steve,

I really like that movie. I have it on VHS. I bought it when it first became available, around 1989, and I have watched it many times since. I think I will watch it tonight.

Best regards,
                        Tom
                        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                          Hi Steve,

I really like that movie. I have it on VHS. I bought it when it first became available, around 1989, and I have watched it many times since. I think I will watch it tonight.

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Hey Tom,

Cool! I don't have a Tape player anymore...bummer!
                          Cheers, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by colt45s View Post
                            good story, saw it long ago.. i think his eyes light up silly
                            Ha! yeah it is a bit!!!
                            Cheers, Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X