Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie...Attack on Leningrad.

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen this movie ??, seems to have been released/completed in 2007. I have been waiting for another WWII Eastern Front based movie.

Attack on Leningrad is to be released on dvd 15th February on amazon.

I hope its good ...trailer looks ok , writer & director...Aleksandr Buravsky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5iHJ...=youtube_gdata

attack on leningrad.jpg

I didnt know about this film. I must get a copy. Thanks for showing

Comment

Wow, great. I´ll get it as soon as it out there Thanks for the tips

Comment

Looks interesting, I hope we can get it here in Canada.

-Shawn

Comment

...Good cast!
          Cheers, Steve
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Just giving this thread a bump.

Has anyone seen this film?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

I have never heard of this movie either, but want to check it out. I looked at amazon.com and could not find it anywhere. Someone had mentioned that it was being released this month?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Swenson View Post
                I have never heard of this movie either, but want to check it out. I looked at amazon.com and could not find it anywhere. Someone had mentioned that it was being released this month?
                It was on amazon ??, not sure were its gone.

It is for sale on UK Ebay....http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

If anyone has purchased it , let us know if its good.

Comment

It's on amazon.co.uk. Why it has disappeared from amazon.com is a puzzle.

I've ordered a copy and will update the thread once I have watched it.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

i watched it last night on demand , worth watching but not a great movie ,i thought the plot was disjointed, some sub plots were pointless -- the generals son in the Luftwaffe ? Gabriel Brynes character seemed to exist just to have an international actor in tow , for the purists meaning us , the German uniforms were dreadful , seems like bf 109s did all the bombing of Leningrad -- at night too, the kgb was mentioned (hadn t been invented yet), check out the raf wing commanders uniform , driving for a reporter , the battle scenes were good , plenty of old Russian tanks, also the portrayel of Leningrads siege was good , its mostly sub titled in Russian , but parts are in English with a smattering of German (i prefer subtitles for foriegn speaking parts in films anyway)

Comment

i watched it last weekend
                      i thought it was ok
                      but agree with alot of Terry`s comments
                      except the version i watched was all in English except the trench scenes at the begining which was russian with English hardcoded subs

Comment

Avoid!

Watched it last night and I thought it was dreadful.

I would agree with Terry's comments but would go further, the film is flicks between "gritty" (reasonable opening battle scenes, but nothing that you haven't seen before) and "arty" (The two female leads getting drunk with lots of long camera shots of facial features). However it does neither of them particularly well.

The acting in some scenes leave a lot to be desired, it also has all the stereotypes in abundance (the one german with a conscience, ruthless Soviet "enforcers" etc) , slow motion explosions......

One good point is that it isn't that long so if you can see the film for free then there are far worst ways to spend a couple of hours but unless you can pick it up for a budget price I would advise against buying it.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X