Wehrpass Reference Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass Reference Book

I have seen occasional offerings of a book on Wehrpasses on ebay. I believe Stewart is the author. What do ya'll think of the book. [Ya'll is Southern US for 'you all' - in case you didn't know]
    JimM

It's a good book to get started with and shows reasonable examples...I think this was Emilie's (Emilie Cladwell Stewart) fourth book....
    To be honest I think her first two were better, forget the names of them at the moment but they are long out of print...occasionaly they pop up on ebay as well!
    Also you will see Emilie does actually sell them from time to time on ebay anyway!
    If you are a Wehrpaß collector I think it is one worth having in your library!

Since writing her book the web has exploded and that info can be found dotted around in cyperspace somewhere....

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian

Were the first two also on Wehrpasses ??? Anyone know the titles ??
      JimM

Comment

I think the first was called Wehrpasses and Soldbuchs, printed in 1985 and only 1000 copies done, the other forget the name but was additions to the first book.....again 1000 I think?
        Selft published so there probably isn't an ISBN....can't get to mine at the moment but I will try tomorrow.

She has also done a book on German Military Award Documents and other on signatures of the Third Reich.

Webpage wise there is always Gary's

http://www.percy.clara.net/

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

ECS did Wehrpasses & Soldbuchs, Military Identity Docs of the Third Reich both out of print - I think the most recent is wehrpass. Private publish, so no ISBN numbers, but she has a website, can't find what it is, but try a search under KZfan!
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

gary tankards site that ian mentions is very informative.
            Last edited by keifer kahn; 01-31-2004, 03:49 PM.

Comment

As per Ian & Kiefer

Gary's site is well worth a visit
              Regards
              Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X