"They Dared Return"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They Dared Return"

Picked this book up recently. Tells the story of a group of Jewish OSS agents that, as the title suggests, "dared to return." A few chapters in and I am captivated. Would translate beautifully to the big screen. Well, anyway, just thought I would check to see if any other of you fellas were familiar with it.

Originally posted by Paul Giva View Post
    Picked this book up recently. Tells the story of a group of Jewish OSS agents that, as the title suggests, "dared to return." A few chapters in and I am captivated. Would translate beautifully to the big screen. Well, anyway, just thought I would check to see if any other of you fellas were familiar with it.

Not familiar mate, but I am intrigued...Let's know how you find it when you're finished!
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Finished it. Terrific read! Although it touches upon a few different OSS missions, it focuses on Operation "Greenup." The main protagonists are a motley bunch, consisting of recent Jewish émigrés and Wehrmacht deserters. If you are looking for a relatively quick read over the holiday season, I cannot recommend this book enough. It is absolutely entertaining! As I said in my original post, this book would make for a tremendous film!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X