LW KC with oakleaves and swords holder Günther Lützow biography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW KC with oakleaves and swords holder Günther Lützow biography

Unfortunately this biography "Gott oder ein Flugzeug" ISBN 3-9807935-6-7 is in german only but definitely a must for the Luftwaffe collectors. Many pictures unpublished before and many very interesting informations. At the end of the book a very detailed chapter about the Luftwaffe fighter aces rebellion in January 1945 against "Der Dicke" Hermann Göring. After having read this I had to add Gordon Gollob's name to my list of TR "people" I wouldn't like to own the items.

Pierre

I certainly hope that this book is eventually published in English. Lutzow was apparently held in high regard in the Luftwaffe; it is regrettable that he didn't survive the war. I believe his crash site from April, 1945, was never located.
    As to Golllob, actually MacGollob, for he was of Scottish ancestry, from what I have read, he was a real glory seeker, not much of a leader, and a thorough SOB. He was, of course one of the only 27 men to have been awarded the diamonds to the Knights Cross.
    A far cry from Werner Molders, IMHO.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Bob,

your summary about Gollob is exactly reflecting my thoughts after having read this excellent book.

Pierre

Comment

I had to give up reading the Finnish translation of the book early on as it became obvious that Herr Kurt Braatz is totally incapable of neutral and objective writing without of PC politics. Braatz´s political bias is evident on every page and thus I don´t trust his research for e.g. Gollob is clearly on Braatz´s political blacklist. It wouldn´t surprise me if Braatz was a supporter of Hannes Heer and Joschka Fischer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X