Movie: "Good" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie: "Good" (2009)

This movie was advertised last year as coming out in the early winter of 2009. It stars Viggo Mortensen as an SS officer. Has anyone seen it? Was it ever released to the theaters, or is it going directly to DVD?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Here is the link to the movie official website and places that are showing it...or show it in the past,none have it listed at the moment it seems it was an extreamly limited cinema realese, and probably is on it's way to DVD.

http://goodthemovie.com/

Comment

Looks good I will watch out for it

Comment

Thanks for the link - it does look good.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          This movie was advertised last year as coming out in the early winter of 2009. It stars Viggo Mortensen as an SS officer. Has anyone seen it? Was it ever released to the theaters, or is it going directly to DVD?
          Hi stonemint,

I dont remember seeing this advertised for cinema, but i did see a preview on pay per view/Foxtel and it looked to be alright, so im guessing its going directly to DVD ??. Good actor also !!... Viggo Mortensen .

Comment

Cant wait...looks like a good movie for sure

Comment

It has been out on dvd in the UK for at least the last 6 weeks, possibly longer. I have it (just can't remember when I bought it) and it is a good, but not great, film. I'd say 3 & a half stars out of 5.

Comment

it seems a media level movie

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  It has been out on dvd in the UK for at least the last 6 weeks, possibly longer. I have it (just can't remember when I bought it) and it is a good, but not great, film. I'd say 3 & a half stars out of 5.
                  3/5 is about right...Viggo Mortensen was very good but I thought the story was a little thin.
                  Cheers, Steve
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about this movie showing up on DVD in the USA?
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't answer your question but this film was shown on TV in the UK in the last couple of weeks and I found it disappointing.

It starts with what I though was some promise but I felt the plot just disappeared into a kind of nothingness.

It is also filmed in an "arty" or "independent" style. When done well these styles IMHO work well but when done bad like in this film they have a tendency to annoy. i.e. (not a plot spoiler) he is looking for his friend during "Kristallnacht" and there is a pause whilst some people break out into song(?).

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                        ...he is looking for his friend during "Kristallnacht" and there is a pause whilst some people break out into song(?).
                        You should've paid more attention to the plot.
                        It happens throughout the movie and is inside his head.

Anyway, I didn't like the movie all that much. Flimsy plot.

Comment

Good

G Day Fellas, My two cents worth.... Dont go too the trouble to chase up a copy too watch. You will be disappointed.

Comment

My Netflix account simply says that it is unavailable. I cannot find any info as to why this hasn't been released on DVD here in the US.
                            Anyone in the States run across it?
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

i was planning to watch it on dvd but luckily it just popped on tv.. it was ok, nothing great - another one of those "normal" people who fall into the roll of a ss person.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X