Wannsee Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wannsee Film

Does anyone know the name of the movie starring Kenneth Brannagh as Heydrich, Stanley Tucci as Eichmann about the Wannsee Conference...I saw it some time ago on at about 3.00am...I thought it was quite good! I think I recall Colin Firth was in it as the lawyer/architect of the 1935 racial laws?
    Cheers, Steve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

"Conspiracy".

Comment

Yep, it's Conspiracy. Good film.

Comment

There is a german made film called Wannsee conferance,which I think is better than this film.

Comment

I remember going to have to watch this film under sufferance with a friend of mine because she loved the actor Colin Firth.
          I was absolutely sure it was going to be a load of rubbish as are 99.9% of the movies made about any subject on the Third Reich.

But this movie proved to be well done and worth watching.

Comment

Yes, I enjoyed "Conspiracy" immensely. Funny that you should mention the actor Colin Firth. Picked up a document signed by the actual Wilhelm Stuckart, the attendee that Firth portrayed in the film, a while back: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=stuckart

Originally posted by pimberg View Post
            I remember going to have to watch this film under sufferance with a friend of mine because she loved the actor Colin Firth.
            I was absolutely sure it was going to be a load of rubbish as are 99.9% of the movies made about any subject on the Third Reich.

But this movie proved to be well done and worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Giva View Post
              Yes, I enjoyed "Conspiracy" immensely. Funny that you should mention the actor Colin Firth. Picked up a document signed by the actual Wilhelm Stuckart, the attendee that Firth portrayed in the film, a while back: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=stuckart
              Very interesting documents and photo Stuckart man...I thought Firth's characterisation demonstrated the insidious nature of the intellectual Nazi ideologue extremely well, using the law and a very sound legal mind to produce an iniqiuitous logic in support of the racial laws and Final Solution, to the point of feined ethical/legal pedantry! Thanks for the comments guys.
              Cheers, Steve
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X