• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

III Reich Family Photo Album

This looks interesting...
    http://www.herveus.com/reich/magazine.html

looks interesting, i wonder if there working with historical-media.com

oh yeah, talking about photo albums there is this book called "happy nazi's" full of photos of ww2 german's fooling around and having fun, its quite funny

Comment

Hi,

I'm an Australian living in Scotland since 1993, and have had an interest in the Third Reich since the 1960s. I have been collecting original Third Reich photographs and albums (and other paraphernalia along the way) since the 1980s. My work career has alternated between advertising agencies (design and copywriting) and newspapers (design and journalism).

Married to an Australian girl of German parentage, we now have six children, four of whom were born in Scotland. For the last six years I have been involved with the editorial and production of a local lifestyle publication, The North Magazine.

www.north-magazine.com

I'm also the joint owner of 20,000 glass plate photo negatives featuring portraits of Scottish Highlanders taken in the 1920s and 1930s. Anyone on the forum with Scottish ancestry from the Highlands might want to take a look at the archive. (It's just been launched with only 500 or so images online at the moment).

www.scottishhighlanderphotoarchive.co.uk

I've also recently launched a website to promote a new magazine for collectors of Third Reich photographs. There will be four 124-page issues a year (making almost 500 pages). It is a short-print run title which will only be sold via the Internet, and one subscription incentive is to be in with the chance to win 1,000 original photographs.

The site features many photographs and indications of the kind of editorial coverage that is planned. There is also a free interactive 32-page digital edition that can be accessed to sample the style and format of the publication.

I'm glad to hear you think the project interesting. Cheers.

Comment

of interest

yes, interesting.
        Herveous,
        will this magazine have any articles on preservation and storage of these photographs?
        thanks,
        MF

Comment

very interesting project. thanks for sharing.

Comment

This sounds very interesting herveus, well done and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Many thanks for the kind words.

The first issue will lean heavily on the pictorial side, as the design allows for the reproduction of an original photo album alternating with a gallery on a selected theme. If you want to have a look at the concept, check the website link, or go direct to the free 32 page digital sample edition here:

http://www.yudu.com/item/details/934...y-Photo-Albums

Just click on the green cover. (The link to the digital edition can also be accessed from the website).

Background articles on preservation and storage are all on the shortlist, as are other themes that are indicated on the website. With only four issues a year, and our determination to keep the magazine image-centric, it will take awhile to cover the many different aspects of this interesting hobby of ours.

Being a small publishing enterprise (The North Magazine is in its 10th year though), at 124 pages, we can only produce a limited edition print-run, available only by mail-order subscription.

Once again, thanks for the positive response.

Comment

Just an update on the magazine Third Reich Family Photo Albums.

The allotted print date for this publication is coming up fast, and as a short print run we need to have as close as possible an idea of subscriber numbers.

Visit the website at www.herveus.com for an extensive overview of the project, and a browse through the free interactive digital sample edition.

Subscriptions are available for 1 year (4 issues) or 2 years (8 issues). Those taking a 2 year subscription will be entered into a draw to win 1,000 original Third Reich period photographs.

A one year subscription would represent almost 500 pages of photography.

Comment

Sadly this will not be appearing as a paper magazine (not enough subscribers) but as a digital e-book,.. bummer.
                  At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X