Cheap book in the UK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap book in the UK!

This book is available from "The Works" bookshop for about 8 quid instead of 25. For those of you who do not know, "The Works" is a "cheap books" store. I guess there will be outlets throughout the UK or similar shops anyway...
    This is a large format, hardback book with 250 pages full of interesting colour photos of various subjects including Adolf of course and the usual Sepp Dietrich, Bormann, Goering, etc as well as military shots. A bit expensive at 25 pounds but well worth 8! I know there is a French version for sale in France for 30Euros so, maybe, the publisher will sell these cheap in France too if you have that kind of shop over there.
    Attached Files

Hi Terry, thanks for the heads up about the book. I will pick a copy up next time I am in our local branch.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Just got back from my local "The Works", no copies in there but I did get Harper Collins Atlas of the Second World War for a tenner. Tried another remaindered bookshop up the road and picked up Guderian's "Achtung Panzer" for a fiver. There's a couple of copies left if anyone's interested.
      I'd also appreciate if anyone could get me a copy of "Germany at War" and send to me.
      Regards
      Jim

Originally posted by TerryG
      This book is available from "The Works" bookshop for about 8 quid instead of 25. For those of you who do not know, "The Works" is a "cheap books" store. I guess there will be outlets throughout the UK or similar shops anyway...
      This is a large format, hardback book with 250 pages full of interesting colour photos of various subjects including Adolf of course and the usual Sepp Dietrich, Bormann, Goering, etc as well as military shots. A bit expensive at 25 pounds but well worth 8! I know there is a French version for sale in France for 30Euros so, maybe, the publisher will sell these cheap in France too if you have that kind of shop over there.

Comment

I don't know of any branches near me - Could someone tell me if there is one in London, and whereabouts, I could get to that. I'm in north Essex so if anyone knows of one close to me I'd be very grateful, it sounds pretty good - I've admired that Germany at War book before.

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Germany at war

For sale here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41838

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X