good books of reference or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good books of reference or not

I just bought the books A collector guide to third reich militaria and A collectors guide to third reich militaria Detecting the fakes by Robin LumsDen! Have any of you heard of them! What I have heard of them sounds good if you have heard of them do you agree!

Sincerly,
    Brandyn Grove

Books

They are a good start I guess if you want to start learning more about 3rd Reich stuff and about fakes but the fakes featured in there are very "obvious". Having been part of this forum for a year now, I have realised that fakers have also read these books and have got better and better at their job. You will need more than these books in order to be confident in purchasing this kind of stuff. My advice is to get many different publications, go to shows to look at and handle stuff, without buying any maybe to start with, and look through all the relevant threads on this forum. Check out the Estand if you want to start buying as many members do look through and by doing so kind of "check things out". I have seen a few fakes being recognised as such and removed from there. I have been collecting for a while and I am still learning every day. Sometimes I do wonder if it is all worth it when faced with such clever fakes....Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hi Brandyn, first of all welcome to the forum. I have both books you mention, but, as Terry said, they are both very dated now. The "collectors guide" still has some value as a general introduction to the subject and can still be useful for makers codes, etc.

The very best place to learn is right here; it beats any book on the subject ever written

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X