'Endkampf' in the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Endkampf' in the East

I just picked up this superb book today. Every copy sold at the show I was at. All unpublished photos and plenty of maps in a German/ English text and captions. About a dozen never seen photos of the HG Korps.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi any infos abaut Festung Breslau in this book?

Comment

Arek, there are 9 pages with a map and about a dozen photos on Festung Breslau.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,
              I was in Denver yesterday and picked up a copy at Aberdeen Books. It is really terrific. Anyone who is interested in the "last Battles" should definately grab it.

Comment

Hi Matt,
                I am glad you think it is a great book as well.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sounds like a real must buy

Nick

Comment

Looks great.
                    Couple of questions though:

1) Is there a lot of text, the more the better for me.
                    2) Anything on the Battle of Berlin? I noticed it has some sections on the Oder but doesn't mention Berlin.

Here's the blurb from the Amazon site:

Endkampf um das Reichsgebiet Final Battles for the Reich 1944-1945 This new book is illustrated with unique and previously unpublished imagery, documenting the German Armed Forces in action within the Reich in 1945. The photos were taken by German soldiers during the final battles which are truly rare. Also includes three very rare original colour photos. The units and topics include Panthers in action at Haff, East Prussia April 1945; the 1. Marine-Schützen-Division on the Oder February 1945; battles in Silesia Spring 1945 including Panther tanks; the fighting for 'Festung Breslau'; the actions of Fallschirmpanzerkorps "Hermann Göring" around Bautzen and Görlitz April 1945 (incl HG Panthers); the Führerbegleitdivision in Saxony (incl Jagdtigers!); the actions of the Ersatz- und Ausbildungsregiment from Fallschirmpanzerdivision "Hermann Göring" in Holland, April 1945; SS-Freiwilligen-Brigade "Wallonien" and the 4. SS-Polizeidivision in Pomerania; SS-Panzer-Jäger-Abteilung 560 z.b.V. in action on the Oder (Hetzers); "Marine-Panzervernichtungsbataillion Cremer" in Hamburg 1945. 160pp. 163 combat photos. 23 colour photos. 13 maps. Dual German/English text. Axel Urbanke Hardcover 160pp 186 photos 13 maps

Comment

Anthony, I think the Amazon summary pretty accurately covers the book. Berlin is not included and it is a mixture of photos and brief history of the battles and formations. All new information and photos.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Excellent book with great photos, really a must buy

Comment

This looks like a great book and I am really looking forward to recieving my copy of this book.

Comment

Got my copy a few months ago. To be honest I was a little dissapointed... Only the HG part really got my attention.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X