Interesting Set of WWII Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Set of WWII Books

I had trouble deciding where to post this question. I decided this would be a good place - they're not Militaria but they're period US WWII.

I have two books entitled World War II In Pictures: A Complete History and Connected Analysis In Pictures and Text of War In Our Time by Harry B. Henderson and Hermen C. Morris. It is a two volume set published in 1945 by The Journal Of Living Publishing Corporation. It covers events from September 18, 1931 (War in Manchuria) to late 1944 (the second battle of the Philippines). It does not seem that there was necessarily a plan for a third volume. The inside of the dust jacket clearly states that this a two volume set. I have included a few images below.

I think this is pretty interesting - a set of reference books describing the history of WWII while it was happening and it doesn't even cover that last year of the war. Has anyone seen this set before? It would be interesting to learn more about it.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Attached Files

Dust Jacket text...
    Attached Files

Comment

Those two are something I have not seen before. They look interesting. It is something I would buy if I saw it. Of late I have been acquiring books written about the wars (I & II), written during the tme. I admire the fact that they start in Manchuria, not with the invasion of Poland, or Pearl Harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R
        I had trouble deciding where to post this question. I decided this would be a good place - they're not Militaria but they're period US WWII.

I have two books entitled World War II In Pictures: A Complete History and Connected Analysis In Pictures and Text of War In Our Time by Harry B. Henderson and Hermen C. Morris. It is a two volume set published in 1945 by The Journal Of Living Publishing Corporation. It covers events from September 18, 1931 (War in Manchuria) to late 1944 (the second battle of the Philippines). It does not seem that there was necessarily a plan for a third volume. The inside of the dust jacket clearly states that this a two volume set. I have included a few images below.

I think this is pretty interesting - a set of reference books describing the history of WWII while it was happening and it doesn't even cover that last year of the war. Has anyone seen this set before? It would be interesting to learn more about it.

Thanks,
        Brian
        A quick check at www.alibris.com shows used booksellers selling individual volumes for between $5 and $15. The cheapest 3 volume set is selling for $35.

Comment

Great information!!

Thanks so much guys.

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X