CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Book on Police Uniforms. Dieter Deuster - Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen 1936-1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book on Police Uniforms. Dieter Deuster - Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen 1936-1945

Does anyone have the additional information on this book? Is it a worthy one?

Dieter Deuster - Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen 1936-1945

ISBN: 978-3-613-03105-0
    Titel-Nr.: 03105
    Einband: gebunden
    Seitenzahl: 456
    Abbildungen: 339 Farbbilder & 3 Zeichnungen
    Format: 170mm x 240mm
    Erschienen: 09/2009

Rangabzeichen, Kragenspiegel, Rockaufschläge der Deutschen Polizei nach der Gleichschaltung durch die nationalsozialistische Diktatur sind die Gegenstände der umfangreichen und einmaligen Sammlung, die dem vorliegende Buch zugrunde liegen. Dieter Deuster zeigt und beschreibt in dieser einzigartigen Dokumentation die Uniformteile und die dazugehörigen Abzeichen der deutschen Polizeiorganisation mit detailtreuen Illustrationen. Ein unentbehrliches Nachschlagewerk für Militärhistoriker und Zeitgeschichtler.

Anyone?

Comment

Hallo,

it is a nice book with many informations about the rules of wear the uniforms and manufacture of police uniforms.
      The most pictures are mark pictures also several pictures of police-stuff in the book but unfortunately showing a part of this pictures fakes! The description is partial not complete (for example by the camouniforms).

To have this book in the own library is not a mistake

regards

Hannes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpspitze View Post
        Hallo,

it is a nice book with many informations about the rules of wear the uniforms and manufacture of police uniforms.
        The most pictures are mark pictures also several pictures of police-stuff in the book but unfortunately showing a part of this pictures fakes! The description is partial not complete (for example by the camouniforms).

To have this book in the own library is not a mistake

regards

Hannes
        Thank You, Hannes.

Regards,
        Igor

Comment

I have not had the pleasure of meeting or even corresponding with Dieter Deuster whose name is new to me, but I'd certainly recommend his book to anyone interested in Police uniforms.

There is a LOT of good information here in the 456 pages, but of course the text is German.

It suffers from my point of view from poor quality paper and the illustrations being too small.

There are plenty of fine insignia charts and these are generally good when you come to the badges themselves, but the many colour plates showing figures wearing the uniforms suffer from being so small that detail is hardly visible. I don't know if the detail is even there had the plates had been printed larger.

Apart from the artist's plates, there are many colour photographs of actual items of insignia, again really too small to be of much interest. There are no contemporary photos in this book at all.

The footnotes contain an impressive number of source references, mainly to decrees, and this suggests thorough research into the right material.

The bibliography is not quite so good and I was disappointed to note a lack of attention to detail: for example - and from a personal point of view as I found this offensive - only John R. Angolia is credited with writing the Bender Book "Uniforms Organization and History of the German Police", Volume 1.

There are some impressive names (and some old friends) amongst those credited with helping with the book, including Jack, Wim Saris and my dear old friend, the long departed Friedhelm Ollenschlaeger. But again Deuster is not much good at detail, crediting Andrew Mollow!

hpt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X