Inglourious Basterds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inglourious Basterds

Saw it this weekend, and since it was a Tarrantino flick I went into it fully expecting him to screw massively with the historical record. He did not disappoint. Having said that, many of the uniforms, with a few glaring exceptions, were quite good. I suspect it may not have a huge run at the box office once the QT junkies get their fix because unless you are into the period, a lot of the things, people and events that gain mention in the movie will go over the average viewer's head. I appreciated that QT didn't dumb down some of the dialogue to make it more understandable for the average moviegoer. I suspect the Director's Cut on DVD will be very interesting.

Don
    Last edited by DonC; 08-24-2009, 08:55 AM.

Thank you for the heads up! This is on my list to see.

Comment

Hi Don,

Yep, I saw it too. I like it, since i wasn't going in with a huge expectation of it really being historically accurate, but rather just a blood and guts movie. It didn't disappoint in that regard, but there was much more "story" then action and I wasn't expecting that at all.

I liked the little things like the Mike Meyers cameo and how the subtitles were sometimes in French. Classic Tarrantino.

It was also especially nice for me since there is a long scene with a good closeup of a solder wearing the Close Combat Clasp, my favorite badge!

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

"It was also especially nice for me since there is a long scene with a good closeup of a solder wearing the Close Combat Clasp, my favorite badge!"

Right before "the Bear Jew" beat him to death with a baseball bat!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X