Book Review - Tiger Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Review - Tiger Ace

I've had Tiger Ace by Gary L. Simpson on the shelf for quite some time and decided to start reading it earlier this week. I must say this book is a total waste of time. I am so highly disappointed. The grammar and spelling are atrocious. It has a serious lack of commas, run on sentences and errors that can only be corrected by a proofreader (work instead of worked, form instead of from). I caught myself reading every page and pointing out the errors as I read. That is no way to enjoy reading anything. Sad really. I was looking forward to it.

I bought this book some years ago. While it had some interesting information, I too found the grammar, spelling, misuse of words, etc detracted substantially from the effort. Perhaps for the first time, I fully realized how important editing is to complete a book. It prompted me to write to the publisher to urge him to do some quality editing if ever a 2nd edition were to be published.

Comment

Tiger Ace

Hello,
      I had the book Tiger Ace and donated it for the same reasons (one of the few books I never even finished reading). You guys nailed it on the head-grammar, spelling, etc ,were terrible. As a teacher it felt like I was reading a rough draft of a high school sophomore level research paper. I could not get past it. As a matter of fact I showed it to a few English teachers I worked with and they could not believe it was published in such a way.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

I purschased a copy of this book upon it's release back in the early 90's and I have torate it as possibly the worst factual based book that I have ever read in my life.

It is written in a style that does not do any justice at all to the subject matter and is simply crushed in comparison the Agte's work on Wittmann.

The only good thing I can say about this book is that for some reason, copies seem to sell very well on e-ban.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Panzer ace

Bought it in the 90's. I remember George Bradford of AFV News having nothing good to say about the book. It has good photos though and I find the part where the author describes the vehicle layouts interesting. Fariz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X