Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkyrie Movie - Stauffenberg's uniform

Hey guys,

Got to admit I'm an absolute no expert at uniforms, even so I though I'd seen them all until I saw valkyrie. I haven't ever seen a grey one quite like Von Stauffenberg's as portrayed in Valkyrie. Can anyone tell me what its supposed to be and why its grey? Esp given his hat appears to be a different colour.

Jeff
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Well, there were many variations of tunic's colours....

Mayby Stauffenberg vel Cruise wearing some kind of summer tunic.

Comment

It's just the variety in colour that made the difference. I once saw a pionier officer tunic in exactly the same clear colour.

Jan

Comment

period photo's show stauffenberg wearing this lighter gray/green color of tunic.

tony

Comment

this one was taken on Juli 18th i think.

Beside in my opinion the filmmakers did a good job when it comes to uniforms and equipment.
            Attached Files

Comment

I thought that it was really good and realistic how they used officer tunics of different shades and slight cut differences in this movie...just they it was during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                this one was taken on Juli 18th i think.

Beside in my opinion the filmmakers did a good job when it comes to uniforms and equipment.
                I Agree, I really liked this film, saw it twice at the flicks and just got it on DVD.

I actually saw Downfall at the flicks, superb on the big screen.

J T

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                  I Agree, I really liked this film, saw it twice at the flicks and just got it on DVD.

I actually saw Downfall at the flicks, superb on the big screen.

J T
                  in the first few minutes of downfall i saw rubber soled jackboots during a bomb raid and thought...guys, you have blown it. i still think that. to my knowledge german troops' jackboots had nails. indeed, if this were true, i thought the error unforgivable.
                  as for the bomb plot film, badly cast classic rent a mob thespians earning their cash amid a flat slow trudge of an unrealised plate mat of a movie. why oh why or how oh how can hollywood continue to fail at german war films? id suggest you dont waste money on the dvd. bargain bin rot imo.

Comment

I enjoyed them both!

Don

Comment

I thought the uniforms looked quite good in the movie. Looked like correct waffenfarbe and fabric shades etc. I'm sure I missed a thing or two (as noted above with the boots) but overall I was pleased.

Anyone know who made the uniforms for the movie?

Comment

I thought downfall was spectacular, valkyrie less so, but still good. I think it is unreasonable to expect absolute perfection when it comes to uniforms in Hollywood movies. I am happy the uniforms look as good as they do!
                        best wishes,
                        jeff
                        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                          I thought downfall was spectacular, valkyrie less so, but still good. I think it is unreasonable to expect absolute perfection when it comes to uniforms in Hollywood movies. I am happy the uniforms look as good as they do!
                          best wishes,
                          jeff
                          i hear you.
                          but there is no excuse for a failure in being absolutely perfect. imo a wrong item means you hired the wrong expert.
                          mind you, i dont expect hollywood to let facts get in the way of a good yarn.
                          but i found the direction of the cruise film flat as a pancake. well known brit actors were simply cringe-making. dreadful unforgivable bland casting.
                          and downfall was german made.
                          the least they could have done was hobnail a pair of high profile jackboots, not let the rubber soles betray their slackness.
                          the hitler character had too thin hair, not convincing. the frightened hare in headlights wide eyed stare of the female secretary character was just plain annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                            best wishes,
                            jeff
                            Well-said. Uniforms used in Downfall and Valkyrie are times-and-times better than in most of movies ever made, just cannot complain
                            Actually the Uniforms is the best part of these two movies!

Comment

Part of it too, is budget. Outfitting an entire Grossdeutchland regiment in hobnailed boots would be costly, unless Tom and the Scientologists wanted to cover it from their chump change! I am sure Singer wanted to use money for CGI and salaries rather than to get every single item of kit right. I was ecstatic to see Cruise donning a white summer tunic in the Lazerrat scene, then I noticed it was fully lined on the interior. I can live with that as it's the only summer tunic I have ever seen in a Hollywood production.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X