At the gates of Leningrad , Shoulder straps connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the gates of Leningrad , Shoulder straps connection

We all use the cliche "if they could only talk". I am finishing "At Leningrad,s gates" by William Lubbeck and of particular interest to me on page 77 while on occupation duty in Belgium dated 4 July 1940 to 24 April 1941.

" About this time we received a small black, white, and red cord to wear over our left shoulder, indicating we were members of the 58th Infantry Division."

I enjoyed reading that and believed that these bands on shoulder straps usually helped ID the battalion within a regiment. This is an interesting account that was used for the Division.

Nice case with reading the book were the straps do "talk". The author served with the 154 th Inf regiment the whole war.

Thank you member Shulterklappen

The book is an enjoyable read that follows the division from start to finish.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sammler; 07-23-2009, 08:54 AM.

Here is an interesting link I found for another thread of an interview with the author.

H At Leningrad's Gates: The Combat Memoirs of a Soldier with Army Group North, - See more at:

http://www.witnesstowar.org/content/...g=t&c=EF&v=442

13th company (ig heavy weapons company forward observer) inf regt 154 , 58th infantry division

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X