Two EXCELLENT Books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two EXCELLENT Books...

For the guys on the forum, no matter what aspect of the Wehrmacht you are interested in...

I recently read both of the books below and highly recommend them to the group. They are fine personal accounts of young soldiers facing the Russians in WWII.

1. BLOOD RED SNOW by Gunther K. Koschorrek
    The story of a young machine gunner - from Stalingrad (basically fighting near the Don) through the end of the war. This may be the best German account of the war I have ever read.

2. BERLIN DANCE OF DEATH by Helmut Altner
    A great book describing the fighting in and around Berlin, 1945. The book is basically a collection of journal entries. It starts out pretty slow/dry but develops into a helluva story!

Regards,
    Brian
    Attached Files

I zoomed through BLOOD RED SNOW in less than 20 hours . . . Excellent

BERLIN DANCE OF DEATH . . . I am not familiar with, but will be on the look out for it.

Comment

I'll third Blood Red Snow, fantastic book! The part about the Russian aircraft buzzing and the pilot calling down to the Germans asking, "Ruski? Germanski?" was amazing!

Comment

Blood Red Snow is an excellent choice for those who wish to get an honest view of the German side on the Ost Front. I have enjoyed reading such books over the last five years or so......until then we could only read one or two books from the "other side". Again......recommended reading.

Mike M.

Comment

Thanks for the note about the books. I just purchased 'Blood Red Soil' as a Christmas gift for my father.

Calvin
          -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X