Books - Publishing company ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books - Publishing company ?

I have asked about books on the P38 recently. The general opinion seemed to be in favour of the book "Buxton's P38". I even got the ISBN number for the first bind.

Now I need your help *again*

Which publisher offers this title? Or more plain and simple: Where do I buy this book? I used the search function, but got no result Also writing "Buxton's P38" at google.com didn't help me either.

Where have you guys bought your's? Oh and what's the price level?

Hallo P08

Go to ABEbooks you will find Ray Riling in Philadelphia offer these titles as do several other booksellers.

If you have any difficulties in finding copies, I can provide you with addresses.

Cheers

Ramon

Comment

Buxtons Vol.I ISBN 0-87833-303-7
      Buxtons Vol.II ISBN 0-96-140240-7
      Buxtons Vol.III ISBN 0-96140240-1-5

UCROSS BOOKS
      P.O.BOX 764
      Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544-2350
      USA

Comment

Thanks, exactly the kind of info I was after.

I have found out that the books are priced at 69 USD each! Add to that; sending costs, import duty and 25% VAT..... I can't afford all three books To begin with I can afford one.....but which? Since I'm mostly interested in the war time P38s I'll probably go for bind 2. Still I'd love bind 1 also due to the background history....

Just what I needed, another expensive hobby

Bind two:

Comment

Originally posted by P08
          Thanks, exactly the kind of info I was after.

I have found out that the books are priced at 69 USD each! Add to that; sending costs, import duty and 25% VAT..... I can't afford all three books To begin with I can afford one.....but which? Since I'm mostly interested in the war time P38s I'll probably go for bind 2. Still I'd love bind 1 also due to the background history....

Just what I needed, another expensive hobby

Bind two:

Unless things have changed dramatically, books are still duty free.

While expensive at 70usd per volume, the first edition 3 volume set has sold for between 750-1000usd.

The effort in amassing a solid firearms related book collection is expensive in and of itself. Good luck!!

Ramon

Comment

If you go to www.adamsguns.com
            Bob Adam has all of these books for $60 each. Best price I could find on these!

Matt

Comment

Free-Books

I was looking at my Buxton p38 books and I happen to notice my FREE volume one!

When the books were first reprinted the printer actually made some errors in the book so they sent me a letter which I still have and asked me to neatly cut out the title page ( next to the contents ) and mail it to them.

One week later I was sent a brand new "fixed" Volume one... and really the errors were something one could live with. Just a little story anyone else have this happen.
              Robert

Originally posted by Matt Weber
              If you go to www.adamsguns.com
              Bob Adam has all of these books for $60 each. Best price I could find on these!

Matt

Comment

Hello everybody

I just received Buxtons P38 II from Bob Adams yesterday. Thanks to all very much for your help! The book is really nice. Haven't started reading yet. Still I can see that volume I would be very nice to have also. Still this one will get me far. Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X