Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next Steven Spielberg movie?

i know its - "the sun" newspaper but it still sounds interesting~

"THE tear-jerking love story of a British prisoner of war’s secret affair with a German interpreter could be made into a Steven Spielberg blockbuster."

"A leading Hollywood talent agency was blown away by Private Horace Greasley’s real-life tale — and is touting it to the Oscar-winning movie- maker and other top directors."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ockbuster.html

Well my hopes for a Spielberg mega D-day after invasion Normandy battles movie are over!!

Even the Desert Fox remake(only based in the african campaing and the battles agaist the allies) is gone to oblivion.

I think will wait for the new George Lucas Tuskegee Airmen movie that should come out next year.

Comment

I think Spielberg should make a movie called "Kasserine" about the battle of Kasserine pass. They could even toss in a prequel type cameo of Tom Hanks since his Capt Miller character was supposedly part of the battle (according to the line in Saving Private Ryan).

I'd really like to see some more WWII movies (how about true-historical re-makes of the war movies from the 60's and 70's) even if Spielberg doesn't make them.

Comment

Ouch--reminds me of a bad made-for-TV movie I once saw in the 1970's titled "The Summer of my German Soldier" or something like that. Pure dreck

Originally posted by redline09 View Post
        i know its - "the sun" newspaper but it still sounds interesting~

"THE tear-jerking love story of a British prisoner of war’s secret affair with a German interpreter could be made into a Steven Spielberg blockbuster."

"A leading Hollywood talent agency was blown away by Private Horace Greasley’s real-life tale — and is touting it to the Oscar-winning movie- maker and other top directors."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ockbuster.html
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Ouch--reminds me of a bad made-for-TV movie I once saw in the 1970's titled "The Summer of my German Soldier" or something like that. Pure dreck

Oh, yes...I remember that one, quite a crapola movie, the female part was played by the girl of the Dirty Dancing movie and All in the Family TV series if I am not mistaken.

Also there another movie that could go hand in hand with this one, Sixth of June D-day or something similar, what an insult to an historical event...."a love story set in the greatest moment of sacrifice and valor of humanity".....and most of this movie is about a love triangle, what a waste of time!!!

Comment

You know what'll happen once it gets the Hollywood treatment. Pvt. Greasley of the Leicestershire Regiment will become Captain all American hero of the 82nd Airborne
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I think will wait for the new George Lucas Tuskegee Airmen movie that should come out next year.
              I hope he keeps it straight and doesn't turn them into superheroes with that inaccurate "we never lost a bomber" spin.
              Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X