MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you consider to be the scarcest Third reich refernce Books to find ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed!

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
    Hello Karin, the horror of it all Looks like a laser copy enough to drive one to
    Regards Martin
    So true Martin! Or (there's no :smoking_big_bong_in_search_of_relaxation_after_di scovery_of_faked_stuff: smiley, unfortunately). However, the information might be useful, that is the same as the original book. Next weekend that information will be brain-absorbed Fortunately, my copy was cheap, it would be more expensive to Xerox the booklet, so I guess my damages are not that great. I hope the other user did not suffer a tremendous loss ...
    Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

So true Martin! Or (there's no :smoking_big_bong_<<<<< holy Moses I do believe you mean the whackey backy in_search_of_relaxation_after_discovery_of_faked_s tuff: smiley, unfortunately). However, the information might be useful, that is the same as the original book. Next weekend that information will be brain-absorbed Fortunately, my copy was cheap, it would be more expensive to Xerox the booklet, so I guess my damages are not that great. I hope the other user did not suffer a tremendous loss ... <<<< No great loss as copy of the Book came with other Militaria many a Moon ago

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        Gahr book must be hard to come by.
        Hello Michael, a difficult Book to find to say the least (even on the German websites) I have only ever come across the Book on two occassions.
        Regards Martin

Comment

127 Jahre Eisernes Kreuz, Verlag M. Dittert (Kriegsjahr 1942)

Hello everyone,

I found the booklet pictured below. I can't seem to find any information about it though. Is it utterly common, or is it a nice booklet to read?

Very best regards,
          Karin-Renate
          Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

Apparently a lot of folks think this one is the scarcest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SS-Porcelain-All...3%3A1|294%3A50

SS Porcelain Allach, 1972 Book, Passmore

US $520.00

Comment

Ouch!

Originally posted by zachb View Post

US $520.00

Oh wow ... That IS an highly valued book! And look at those images ... porcelain, I wasn't aware of the fact that there is a whole swastika'ed porcelain scene as well! Must be an expensive hobby, porcelain is harder to preserve and keep in one piece than metal objects, I think. Anyway, impressive pricing indeed! Pretty book as well, by the way.
              Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

Originally posted by Krullies View Post
                Oh wow ... That IS an highly valued book! And look at those images ... porcelain, I wasn't aware of the fact that there is a whole swastika'ed porcelain scene as well! Must be an expensive hobby, porcelain is harder to preserve and keep in one piece than metal objects, I think. Anyway, impressive pricing indeed! Pretty book as well, by the way.

Yes, it is the only book to date (two others have threatened to come out with books on Allach, but not yet) on a very high-end and perhap's more refined area of collecting. Especially as it was wholly an SS operation with the accompaning ideological and religious aspects of Himmler's dreams.
                Some pieces are as high-end as it gets.

On the book itself, published in early 70's in U.K. I remember it going for the very pricey amount of 100 $ in 2001. And that WAS alot of $ back then as the US dollar was WORTH somthing then.

BUT, the Gahr book is much rarer than the Allach book.
                In 9 years I have seen about 3 Gahr books for sale and at least 50 of the Allach books
                -Michael
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Michael Fay; 06-23-2009, 02:50 AM. Reason: Gahr is rarer

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post

US $520.00

Next time I see Michael I will ask if he has any spare copies of his old book

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                    You might also mention that a repressing would be enthusiastically received!

Comment

Martin Harding, where did you find the "Foreign Volunteers Of Hitler's Germany," book. I have always found the story fascinating of those non-Germans who served in the German army. My relatives came to the United States from Norway and I know that many Norwegians served in the Nazi army. How informative is it? What nations does it cover and how in depth.... it doesn't appear to be very long. Are there any other books out there on this subject?
                      Last edited by Matt Swenson; 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

get his signature

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                        If you are that familiar , dont forget to have him sign it but not personalise it. This makes it worth more to the non militaria world of book collectors...

Comment

If you are that familiar .
                          I have known Mike for over 20 years and next time I am back in the UK I will ask. Cant promise anything though.

Comment

Yes, it is the only book to date (two others have threatened to come out with books on Allach, but not yet) on a very high-end and perhap's more refined area of collecting. Especially as it was wholly an SS operation with the accompaning ideological and religious aspects of Himmler's dreams.
                            Some pieces are as high-end as it gets.

On the book itself, published in early 70's in U.K. I remember it going for the very pricey amount of 100 $ in 2001. And that WAS alot of $ back then as the US dollar was WORTH somthing then.

BUT, the Gahr book is much rarer than the Allach book.
                            In 9 years I have seen about 3 Gahr books for sale and at least 50 of the Allach books
                            -Michael
                            Got a copy today (good price at 25E). Have there been any Gahr books on sale this year? Can only find 83 pages of pohotocopies (draft?) for 100Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by RaZpuTiN View Post
                              Got a copy today (good price at 25E). Have there been any Gahr books on sale this year? Can only find 83 pages of pohotocopies (draft?) for 100Euro.

A very good deal.
                              I assume your Allach book is not the xerox/photocopied copy (and you mean you have found a xeroxed/photocopied copy of the Gahr book offered for sale).

Cant tell you about any other gahr books but a new Allach book (s) are supposed to come out this month from Schiffer books.

The Otto and karolina Gahr book I have has about 111 pages by the way.

Comment

A very good deal.
                                I assume your Allach book is not the xerox/photocopied copy (and you mean you have found a xeroxed/photocopied copy of the Gahr book offered for sale).

Cant tell you about any other gahr books but a new Allach book (s) are supposed to come out this month from Schiffer books.

The Otto and karolina Gahr book I have has about 111 pages by the way.
                                The Allach book is the real deal and the covers is art on it's own, must have been pretty expensive when it came out in the seventies.
                                Total rip-off on the Gahr book, but atleast he writes it.
                                The new allach book looks great, do you know if Schiffer publishings has an european outlet? Can't find any via their site or google.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X