The story of the 20.Panzergrenadier-Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story of the 20.Panzergrenadier-Division

For all of you who are interested by the Division history, it is being translated from German by WAF member “rijke88” and will be published in English. Please keep in mind that Roger is doing this because he has been asked by the surviving veterans of the Division, they are getting old and they want their story to be told. (One of the veterans is presently working on the Regimental history of IR90.)

You can reserve your copy of the Division history at: 20.Pzgrendiv@planet.nl

Book 1 (1935 - 1941) will be ready this summer, with many extra pictures and award documents (about 300 pages Din A4 are expected)
    • The years in peace
    • Poland campaign
    • French campaign
    • Russian campaign (beginning)

The way it looks at the moment:
    Book 1 1935 – 1941
    Book 2 1942 - 1943
    Book 3 1944 – 1945
    Book 4 Commanders, awarded soldiers
    Last edited by Robert T.; 05-23-2009, 12:35 AM.

20.PzGr.-Division "Feldernhalle"?

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
      20.PzGr.-Division "Feldernhalle"?

If you want to get more information on this Division, please visit these web sites;

20. Infanteriedivision (mot); http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nen/20ID-R.htm

which became (in July1943);

20. Panzer-Grenadier-Division;http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...onen/20PGD.htm

You can also visit Roger’s web site at;
      http://www.20pzgrendiv.eu/Neu.htm

Regards,
      _______
      Robert

Comment

Thanks a lot Robert for this thread

At the moment I am working on the translation of June 1941
        I will be pre-viewing some pages of the new book on my website this week

So please have a look when you are interested: www.20pzgrendiv.eu

The first book will contain the first 4 books of the origional German version, but with extra pictures and award documents, and will be printed on DIN A4 on more glossy paper.

I am looking forward to hear from you all!!!

Cheers
        Roger

Comment

From Roger's web site;www.20pzgrendiv.eu

Here are 2 pages just to see how the English version will look. The text on the pre-prints is not yet corrected, it is just to display the layout.
          Note that on these pages there are already 5 extra pictures that are not in the German version!
          Attached Files

Comment

Just to keep you all updated

The first book will contain the first 4 books of the German version.
            I have finished book 1 - 3 and at the moment I am working on book 4.

for more info and a preview: http://www.20pzgrendiv.eu/English.htm

When you have photos, documents or other items from this division, please feel free to send scans.

cheers

Roger

Comment

Roger,

Keep up the good work.

Very much looking forward to reading this

JD

Comment

Translation has been completed up to 31st December 1941
                Corrections are in progress and will take some time.

It is possible to reserve a copy, I offer a € 5.00 discount on reserved books. So when you are interested don't hesitate and reserve a copy: 20.Pzgrendiv@planet.nl

As it looks a the moment there will be 300+ pages, with many pictures, maps and award documents

have a look at the pre-view: http://www.20pzgrendiv.eu/English.htm

cheers

Roger

Comment

I have received this update from Roger "rijke88" on the Division History books.

"Dear interested of the 20th infantry division!

I am very sorry that this newsletter has such an impersonal header. As there are increasing numbers of interested, it is unfortunately not possible to do this in person.
                  At this moment I am intensively working on 3 books:

Book 1 (1935 – 1941) of the division history in English and German
                  War diary at regiment 90 of Mr. Dr. F.R. Averdieck (in German)

In the meantime I am gathering as much information/documents/pictures/newspaper clippings etc etc for Book 4 of the division history (Decorated soldiers of the 20th)

Book 1 of the division history in German is print ready, I will wait with printing however until the English version has been completed. The English version is progressing at a good pace now, and we (Mr Schwandner and myself) have reached September 1941. I hope that we can make it ready for printing this year yet.

The war diary of Mr Averdieck had already been completed for printing; Mr Averdieck however was so pleased with the result, that he wanted to add more notes and memories. It will therefore take a bit longer, but will also be more interesting.

I will attempt to write a newsletter once every 3 months.
                  Please visit the website of the 20th for further information.

All the best from Holland

Roger"

Comment

So many brave men....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X