CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*HELP* What was the name of this movie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*HELP* What was the name of this movie??

I have been trying to source a particular movie for some time but have forgotten the title. I don't remember the names of the actors, or the exact decade (70s or 80s), but the plot has to do with either an American or Austrialian soldier who is alone on a pacific island during WWII, acting as an LP/OP. There is a small town on the island with either a school or a church and one woman (the love interest). Japanese troops triangulate the radio transmissions from this island and put troops ashore. Upon leaving, three Japanese soldiers are left behind to try and flush out the lone allied soldier. The allied soldier kills two Japanese leaving one alive. This one Japanese soldier has the opportunity to kill the allied soldier after wounding him but instead nurses him back to health and teaches him how to fight with the Japanese sword for a fight to the finish with one another and it goes on from there.

What is the name of this film???

Thanks,

Chuck

I think it was "Hell in the Pacific" Lee Marvin movie

Mike
    Last edited by Mikey; 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

how about "coastwatcher"

The biggest Japanese destroyer "Yamato" is badly damaged in a battle and shall be repaired at a small island in the Pacific which is inhabited only by Gibb, an US American observation post, and a few aborigines with their priest. Gibb and young novice Katherine can flee, but are tracked by two Japanese soldiers. After Gibb kills one of them, the other seeks revenge in a sword duel

Comment

Originally posted by kaigunair View Post
        how about "coastwatcher"

The biggest Japanese destroyer "Yamato" is badly damaged in a battle and shall be repaired at a small island in the Pacific which is inhabited only by Gibb, an US American observation post, and a few aborigines with their priest. Gibb and young novice Katherine can flee, but are tracked by two Japanese soldiers. After Gibb kills one of them, the other seeks revenge in a sword duel

"Coastwatcher" is correct but it also goes by the title "The Last Warrior".

Thanks for your help in both threads.

Chuck

Comment

Toshiru Mifune and Lee Marvin

I saw the tail-end of this movie on TV once and must note that the co-actor playing off Lee Marvin was non other than Toshiru Mifune, a legendary Japanese Samurai actor.
          What I saw of the ending looked intense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X