Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original German Bomber Used in English Made Wartime Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original German Bomber Used in English Made Wartime Film?

I was out of town on business last week and was stuck in a hotel in the evening with nothing much to do but watch television. I watched a film on the Turner classic movie channel titled Sabotage Agent, made at Gainsborough Studios, Islington, London in 1943. It was the typical wartime spy movie with hideous SS uniforms, etc. but in the last 10 minutes there was what appeared to be a Do 17 (I think) that featured prominently in the action. It was not stock footage nor was it one of the dreadful special effects models of the period. It was featured with engines running up prior to take off and also shown taxing down the runway as the spy ran after it and scurried up the hinged access hatch on the bottom of the fuselage. I've done some cursory research on the net but haven't found anything that mentions the use of a real German aircraft used in a wartime-made film. Has anyone seen this film and more importantly, is there any information as to how the Dornier was acquired? I find this to be a remarkable detail in an otherwise unremarkable movie.

Dave

According to the Wikipedia article on the Do-17, two Yugoslavian made examples ended up in British hands via the Yugoslavian king.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X