Lovejoy tv series...militaria shop!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovejoy tv series...militaria shop!!

I was(still are) a big fan of this British detective drama/light comedy program, to the point of having the series tree seasons dvd's set...still waiting for the las two seasons.

In one of the chapters, the main character Lovejoy is looking to sell some things left by a British naval officer of WW2 by consigment of his sister....anyway do anybody have seen this chapter and the militaria shop that is shown? it looks to "real" to be a "story built set", you can see a LOT of german helmets,m43,visor hats including Waffen SS,flags,medals and a particular short of a full Allg-SS black uniform manequin.

The shop was "owned" in the story by an Italian who was part of a secret society looking for the missing stone/granite nose of Benito Mussolini.....long story....which Lovejoy have!!!

The Lovejoy series was great--and of course, the 'Mussolini's Nose' episode was my favorite. I assumed that the shop was a real one in the UK, but never found whether or not that was true.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

The shop was 'Regimentals' in Islington.

Comment

Erich,

Yes it was a great series and that episode in particular is one of the best(and how about the one with the treasure map sword!!), is sad that they don't make tv series like this anymore, today is all that crap "realty shows"

Robin,

Thank you!!....I knew it looks to real.....in the fisical real world sence....on the originality of the items on that shop, that IS another story!!!

Comment

Hello, a great series for sure. I suggest you track down any of the 18 or so Lovejoy books written by Jonathon Gash. One can learn endless information about the world of fakes, crooks and the love of collectables and antiques. Find me a "Divie" for WW2 items. Best, Bill Bourque

Comment

Lovejoy is a good comedy series i still see the repeats occasionaly and i might buy the box set. Have you guys seen goodnight sweetheart that is also a good british comedy set in ww2 london

Comment

Lovejoy Series

I'm very fond of the series and am glad that they came out with it on DVD for the States. Could any of our English friends tell m the name of the series in which the main charector goes back in time to RAF or AAF bases and gets real articles from the time period and then goes back to modern times and turns them over to his friends who collect? I caught a couple of episodes while I was at the JAC at Molesworth. I was always hoping that this series would make it over here but havn't seen it yet. I would much rather look at this than the reality crap being offered on both sides of the pond!
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                I'm very fond of the series and am glad that they came out with it on DVD for the States. Could any of our English friends tell m the name of the series in which the main charector goes back in time to RAF or AAF bases and gets real articles from the time period and then goes back to modern times and turns them over to his friends who collect? I caught a couple of episodes while I was at the JAC at Molesworth. I was always hoping that this series would make it over here but havn't seen it yet. I would much rather look at this than the reality crap being offered on both sides of the pond!
                Thanks
                The name of the series ,Goodnight sweethart/ BBC 1993 to 1999
                With Nicholas lyndhurst.

Comment

Thanks!

Do you know if this series is available on DVD???

Comment

Check

Check Amazon (US) ... the DVD is certainly available in UK DVD format ..

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                    Do you know if this series is available on DVD???

Comment

Favorite Lovejoy episode ???

My favorite Lovejoy is episode #41, "Fly the Flag", from 7 Feb 1993, when Lovejoy
                      becomes involved in the ownership dispute over a British Army flag from the American
                      Revolution. I would "love" with great "joy" to locate that very same prop flag for my
                      own collection. Below is shown another like example in my prop flag collection.
                      ............ OLDFLAGSWANTED ..........

Last edited by oldflagswanted; 05-12-2009, 11:21 AM.
                      sigpic
                      .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Yes

I Remember the episode well !!
                        .. It was a good light hearted tongue in cheek programme, .. but believe you me, a lot of the small village type auctions are just like you see in the series, ... AND there are some great "missed" military lots that turn up in the most surprising places !!

Gary J.

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
                        My favorite Lovejoy is episode #41, "Fly the Flag", from 7 Feb 1993, when Lovejoy
                        becomes involved in the ownership dispute over a British Army flag from the American
                        Revolution. I would "love" with great "joy" to locate that very same prop flag for my
                        own collection.
                        .... OLDFLAGSWANTED ....

Comment

Originally posted by boersma View Post
                          The name of the series ,Goodnight sweethart/ BBC 1993 to 1999
                          With Nicholas lyndhurst.

You can see several chapters in YouTube including the pilot chapter, I enjoy the humor and settings of this show very much.

Comment

By the way, anyone remember a british mini series called " Private Schultz" is about a SS soldier in charge of "looking out" for an forgery operation of British paper pound notes. If memory serve me well the "SD" comander of this operation was played by british actor Ian Richardson, a GREAT actor in my humble opinion....who can forget his interpretation in House of Cards...MAGNIFICENT and chilling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                              By the way, anyone remember a british mini series called " Private Schultz" is about a SS soldier in charge of "looking out" for an forgery operation of British paper pound notes. If memory serve me well the "SD" comander of this operation was played by british actor Ian Richardson, a GREAT actor in my humble opinion....who can forget his interpretation in House of Cards...MAGNIFICENT and chilling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              is it this? ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXseKwLpFXk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X