Help finding a Civil award reference book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding a Civil award reference book

Hi I need some help finding the best book on the subject anyone got any ideas?
    I already have the Angolia Civil award book witch is great but feels a little dated I mean it's not exactly like the Combat badges of the theird reich series...

/Bjorn

Anyone?
    I have seen the huge list of reference books to buy but not any ratings on the books.
    For example is there is a two "Order Decorations Medals & Badges Third Reich" books by Roger Bender for sale is this something to invest in ?
    /B

Comment

The two volume set you speak of is very dated. My copy is currently packed as we are moving, but from memory it is a front of the award, general information only type book. Mind you it was printed in the 60's or early 70's and not up to today's B&D Publishing standard.

Comment

Thank you Shawn. Do you also have Formans Guide?

If anyone is intrested the list is @ http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/rese...s/booklist.htm

Forgot to mention that I have Detlevs 2004 priceguide for picture/prices
        and Combat badges of the third reich vol 1&2.

So what books on the list is a good compliment to the once I already have and is there any that is not totaly outdated and inacurate?

Best regards

/Bjorn
        Last edited by Berra; 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I sold my copy of Forman's guide years ago, but I do not recall it being anything special. Unfortunately there is nothing on the market, that I am aware of, covering civil or political awards in depth and in color.

Comment

Thank you Shawn for the info.
            To bad that there is not that much of an intrest in these Civil awards it will soon the only offordable TR awards one could get.
            (at least some of them) But I understand why the Combat awards are more intresting.
            All the best /Bjorn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X