Trying to identify soldier from pay book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to identify soldier from pay book

Hi everyone, I think this is the place to post this question.

This morning I purchased a nice grouping of a soldier in the Infantry, Regiment 447, 3. Company. This is my first grouping and the reason for the purchase was mainly for the beautiful bronze Close Combat Clasp that was with it. As I am mainly into the CCC, I do not know much about the other awards and especially the pay book info. Is there any way to possible to determine this soldier's name, from the information above and all the different awards and dates shown on the page of the pay book that came with it? I guess I am looking for something similar to Dorr's Nahkampfspange book, where he lists all the recipients of the CCC, and all the other awards each man received and their dates?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Tom Durante
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Hi Tom, I am not sure I follow your question ? Do you have the entire Soldbuch? If so the mans name, awards and award dates will be listed in it.
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade, thanks for the reply so quick!

Sorry about that. No, I just have 1 page of the buch, marked "Auszeichnungen". It is mared front and back with the awards, dates of the awards and a stamp on each entry. Does that make more sense?

Thank you

Tom Durante

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Tom, I am not sure I follow your question ? Do you have the entire Soldbuch? If so the mans name, awards and award dates will be listed in it.
      Cheers, Ade.
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by tdurante
        Hi Ade, thanks for the reply so quick!

Sorry about that. No, I just have 1 page of the buch, marked "Auszeichnungen". It is mared front and back with the awards, dates of the awards and a stamp on each entry. Does that make more sense?

Thank you

Tom Durante
        If you have only the page with awards it's almost imposible to know who this man was instead he was also a holder of the RK, DKiG or the Ehrenblattspange des Heeres.

Can you post here the group, perhaps other papers could help.

Angel
        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré
          If you have only the page with awards it's almost imposible to know who this man was instead he was also a holder of the RK, DKiG or the Ehrenblattspange des Heeres.

Can you post here the group, perhaps other papers could help.

Angel
          Hello Angel,

I cannot post a picture as my camera is not very good. He is no holder of the RK, DK or Ehrenblattspange. His awards were:

IAB - 1 April 1942
          Wound Badge in Black - 31 May 1942
          EK2 - 12 July 1942
          Winterslacht im Osten Medal - 9 August 1942
          Nahkampfspange - 12 March 1944

I know this is a long shot with such common awards. Have you ever heard of his unit - Regiment 447, 3 Company? Any websites that may have units, soldiers and their awards broken out like this?

Thank you

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Tom,

Take a look at the following:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nter/IR447.htm

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...onen/137ID.htm

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison

Hello Ian, thank you very much for the website and links! These are very helpful. My translation of the first link says "3 different battalions were dissolved in Summer of '42 and joined up in Oktober 1942 to create Infantry Regiment 447". The soldbuch that I have shows the IAB, Wound, EK2, & Ost Medal being awarded BEFORE this Oktober '42 date. Over each entry is the typical round stamp with "int-regiment 447 3. Company". Is this possible since this unit wasn't even in existance before Oktober '42?
              Is my translation wrong??

Thanks

Tom Durante

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Tom,

The first link says IR 447 was formed 1.10.1940 (10.1.1940 U.S. format!) as a Rgt. of the 11th wave at the troop training area Döllersheim...and what units it was formed from etc.
                Summer 1942 the III. Btl. (or 3rd Battalion) was disbanded and 15.10.1942 (10.15.1942!) it was renamed Gren.Rgt. 447.

/Ian
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
                  Hi Tom,

The first link says IR 447 was formed 1.10.1940 (10.1.1940 U.S. format!) as a Rgt. of the 11th wave at the troop training area Döllersheim...and what units it was formed from etc.
                  Summer 1942 the III. Btl. (or 3rd Battalion) was disbanded and 15.10.1942 (10.15.1942!) it was renamed Gren.Rgt. 447.

/Ian
                  Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying! My translation was off (or my interpretation of it, anyway). That makes more sense. Ian, thank you very much for your help!

Thanks to everyone, Ian, Adrian & Angel!

Tom Durante

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X