Iron Cross info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross info?

Hey all, I am looking for a good book on EKs. I know of Sebastian's book on RKs, but I had heard it doesn't touch on EKs. Maybe this is false, but I figured there HAS to be a book about EKs out somewhere. EKs are really my thing for collecting and I want get my hands on at least one, if not a couple high quality books that can help me learn more about EKs and spotting fakes! Any info or reference would be great.

I went to Amazon and looked around but they didn't seem to have much. Mainly (or so it seemed) just about the RKs and winners of them. I also thought i had seen a sticky or something somewhere that listed good books for this but try as I might I can't seem to find it

Anyhow, thanks for any info before hand!

Ryan

Dietrich Maerz has written a book on RKs, look here: http://www.ironcross1939.com/ , there is also 'The Iron Time' by Stephen Prevetira which was re-released with an updated edition recently or 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson.
    Search through this section of the forum and I'm sure you'll be able to find out more info on the above.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-28-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
      Dietrich Maerz has written a book on RKs, look here: http://www.ironcross1939.com/ , there is also 'The Iron Time' by Stephen Prevetira which was re-released with an updated edition recently or 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson.
      Search through this section of the forum and I'm sure you'll be able to find out more info on the above.
      Thanks Adrian. I have been to the site you linked, but again, I was under the impression the book dealt only with RKs and not at all on EKs. Can you (or anyone) verify this just so I know once and for all?

I will definetly look up the other two you mentioned. Thanks!

Ryan

Edit: Wow, just googled those other two books. I knew these wouldn't be minor, 30 dollar investments but holy COW...'The Iron Time' by Stephen Prevetira runs for 350ish dollars while 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson runs an outstanding 500 dollars! Anyone know of some random places I might look into for a less exspensive price or is this about as good as it gets?
      Last edited by Military nut; 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Military nut View Post
        Thanks Adrian. I have been to the site you linked, but again, I was under the impression the book dealt only with RKs and not at all on EKs. Can you (or anyone) verify this just so I know once and for all?

I will definetly look up the other two you mentioned. Thanks!

Ryan

Edit: Wow, just googled those other two books. I knew these wouldn't be minor, 30 dollar investments but holy COW...'The Iron Time' by Stephen Prevetira runs for 350ish dollars while 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson runs an outstanding 500 dollars! Anyone know of some random places I might look into for a less exspensive price or is this about as good as it gets?

Yes, Dietrich's book is about RKs. Prevetira's book is about all EKs from 1813 and Williamson's book is as the title suggests.
        I had no idea that Williamson's book was so valuable now! Have you tried eBay? If not you can have my copy for $499 including shipping! Seriously though, I'm sure you can find it cheaper than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
          Yes, Dietrich's book is about RKs. Prevetira's book is about all EKs from 1813 and Williamson's book is as the title suggests.
          I had no idea that Williamson's book was so valuable now! Have you tried eBay? If not you can have my copy for $499 including shipping! Seriously though, I'm sure you can find it cheaper than that.
          Hahah thanks Adrian. Actually I didn't try e-bay but I will go there now. I was taken a bit by suprise and couldn't really think of where to go! lol Anyhow much apprciated, hopefully some hobo won't know what he really has! lmao

Ryan

EDIT: The saga continues! 399.99 on e-bay...i'm gonna have to sell one of my young cousins into slavery or something for this book! Wow...I think I might not be getting it anytime soon...especially since I just blew a good amount on some medals lol!
          Last edited by Military nut; 03-28-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Ryan,

if you can waith about 12-16 month it might be worth it and it will be cheaper: George Stimson and myself have already started on the upoming book "The Iron Cross 1st Class of 1939" and work will begin in earnest in August this year with a target date of spring 2010. It will be worth the wait.

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
              Ryan,

if you can waith about 12-16 month it might be worth it and it will be cheaper: George Stimson and myself have already started on the upoming book "The Iron Cross 1st Class of 1939" and work will begin in earnest in August this year with a target date of spring 2010. It will be worth the wait.

Dietrich
              Dietrich,

Thanks for the info bud! I know for a FACT I will be snatching this up! The time frame will probably coincide with the time I finally have 400 extra dollars for the other book anyhow, which means I can save some cabbage by getting you and George's book and spend the left over on another medal!

My only worry is my contacts I have made on here strangling me to death from asking them continually for their opinions on items! I've learned a good deal from snooping around, but I am very cautious and never trust my own judgement unless I am somehow absolutely sure (which is never)! That and I really prefer to have a medal in hand so I can really see what I am looking at.

Anyhow thanks for the heads up...i'll be excited when I see it hit the shelves!

Ryan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X