Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a book on LSSAH

Hello,

Wasn't quite sure where to post this question so I thought I'd start here. Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the LSSAH. I'm looking for one that will give me a good idea of the origin, key personalities, unit makeup, battles, etc.

Thanks
    John

Hello
    There are several books about this unit.
    - If you are looking for an in-depth account, I suggest the multi volume set written by Rudolf Lehmann and re-published in English by JJ Fedorowicz. There are 5 volumes (the volume 4 being divided into 2 parts) and each one covers a period of time from the outbreak of the war until the final surrender. Note that these books are not focused on photographic materials (even though they include some pics) but lay on emphasis on text.
    - If you are looking for photo books, there is the photo volume in that same sery (at least in German, because I don't remember if it was republished in English) or the book published by Heimdal Editions which is a massive pictorial book about the LAH (in French/German).
    There are numerous other books but they focus on specific units or some soldiers belonging to the LAH.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Denis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X